NFL Discussion

My Dolphins are going to suck no matter if Johnson is there or not. No big deal that they released him.

Sounds like Tannehill has looked good so far this year, Im hoping he wins the starting job. He could possibly be the future of the team so they might as well start playing him. He wont learn much sitting on the bench behind Matt Moore or even Garrard for that matter. Who knows when Garrard will be back anyways.

tim tebow doesnt deserve anyones hate. the media has just completely fucked the very idea of him.

it doesnt matter though, the jets are garbage. cant wait for the pats the steamroll them.

tim tebow doesnt deserve anyones hate. the media has just completely fucked the very idea of him.

it doesnt matter though, the jets are garbage. cant wait for the pats the steamroll them.

Tebow doesn't deserve all the love/attention hes getting either. I can't think of another mediocre quarterback who has gotten this much love/attention.

That said as much as I think the Jets offense is suspect, they should have a better defense this year. Even though the Pats are better I highly doubt a steamrolling is in store.

Tebow doesn't deserve all the love/attention hes getting either. I can't think of another mediocre quarterback who has gotten this much love/attention.

youre completely right... but the love is media generated. and fans are put off by all the ball washing, and feel like they dont have a choice but to love or hate him. what it comes down to is that they guy hasnt asked for any of the attention, rather its all been thrust upon him. hes never claimed to be any better than he is or anything of the sort.

and before he went to a team i completely hate, i was totally behind him. because whether or not he was directly responsible for it, the broncos played the overall most entertaining 2011 season.

^ Yeah thats true. If the $$$ is flowing in just enjoy the ride and be "excited."

I'll be paying attention to the Broncos with Manning, RGIII in DC, Luck in Indy, and I really think Matt Flynn is gonna be awesome with Seattle.

Wilson will be starting by the end of the season (in Seattle). Flynn does not have the tools in Seattle that he had in Green Bay. On top of that Seattle has a horrible offensive line. He'll have an underwhelming first few games, then they'll put Wilson in to see what he can do.

Wilson will be starting by the end of the season (in Seattle). Flynn does not have the tools in Seattle that he had in Green Bay. On top of that Seattle has a horrible offensive line. He'll have an underwhelming first few games, then they'll put Wilson in to see what he can do.

Wilson named week 1 starter last night. Now we got 5 rookie qbs with starting jobs. RGIII, Luck, Wilson, Weedon, and Tannehill.

go packers!

as for mediocre QB's getting a lot of national attention... i'd say Sanchez and Tebow are neck and neck as far as attention goes from college to NFL goes. neither are all that great, but are constantly talked about by the national media.

Right now that duo is pretty hard not to talk about. Here you have two quarterbacks that were starters last season and neither of them have put one touchdown in the endzone and we are 3/4th's of the way through the preseason. (come to think about i don't believe the team has a rushing td yet this season either). The sky is falling in NY.

Go Ravens!

Right now that duo is pretty hard not to talk about. Here you have two quarterbacks that were starters last season and neither of them have put one touchdown in the endzone and we are 3/4th's of the way through the preseason. (come to think about i don't believe the team has a rushing td yet this season either). The sky is falling in NY.

Go Ravens!

im not talking about now, im talking about how Sanchez was also really hyped up coming out of USC to the Jets, and the media was all over him from day one, just like Tebow in Denver.

im not talking about now, im talking about how Sanchez was also really hyped up coming out of USC to the Jets, and the media was all over him from day one, just like Tebow in Denver.

Oh gotcha gotcha. That's because the talking heads over at espn are extremely stubborn. Once they make up their mind, they hate admitting being wrong. So when Sanchez began his NFL career as a mediocre QB, they didn't eat crow. Instead, all they talked about was how Sanchez took the team that hadn't won a playoff game in 4 years to two AFC championship in his first two seasons. Finally I think they are giving up on him and acting like they never supported the Sanchez all along.

What do you guys think about 4 preseason games?

They're boring, players get injured, and do the coaches really need 4 games to figure out who is good? There should be two preseason games.

I think three games give coaches a good indicator as to who they would like to keep. I say 3 only because the first game gives players time to shake off jitters, the second game can be devoted to tweak problems and give the starters a good exhibition, and the third game be devoted to answering questions about tough choices regarding players on the bubble. 90 to 53 players, I would like to see some players perform more than once in a game if I am going to make those kind of decisions.

Wilson named week 1 starter last night. Now we got 5 rookie qbs with starting jobs. RGIII, Luck, Wilson, Weedon, and Tannehill.

LOL really? I hadn't read that. Well there goes my theory. Guess they like what they've seen in him this pre-season (his numbers have been slightly better than Flynn's).

I think 4 weeks is fine. pre-season could be 1 week or 6 weeks, there will still be that freak injury to an up-and-coming or star player and someone will scream murder. as stated before, with having almost 100 players on a team and needing to cut down to 53, having 4 weeks of games and practices to trim the roster down is much better than half of that.

^ Yeah thats true. If the $$$ is flowing in just enjoy the ride and be "excited."

I'll be paying attention to the Broncos with Manning, RGIII in DC, Luck in Indy, and I really think Matt Flynn is gonna be awesome with Seattle.

Welp...guess I was wrong about Matt Flynn. Unless the Jets could send Sanchez, Tebow, and Wayne Hunter to Seattle for Matt Flynn. PLEASE?!

after hernandez got his deal, it looks like welker may be going soon. maybe the hawks throw some money his way.

if the seahawks can get a legit #1 WR in the NFL, I think you'd see them do pretty well. get someone to draw coverage off of the 2nd and 3rd WR's, which is all the hawks really have, and you'd see Flynn excel. this is all hypothetical, of course, as they still dont have any real WR threat...

if the seahawks can get a legit #1 WR in the NFL, I think you'd see them do pretty well. get someone to draw coverage off of the 2nd and 3rd WR's, which is all the hawks really have, and you'd see Flynn excel. this is all hypothetical, of course, as they still dont have any real WR threat...

Without a doubt. We all got a chance to see what Matt Flynn is capable of doing when he has got a solid core of WRs. What did he throw, like 500 yards with 6-tds against the Lions?