NFL Discussion

I got selected by the Giants for Super Bowl tickets in their lottery - $800 each. Ouch. I have until Saturday to decide. I don't think any sporting event can be worth that much money.

I buy the shit outta these and throw em up on ebay or stubhub. Most people are asking triple that for these! I would imagine you would make a pretty penny on these....even if you pay $800 a piece.

I'm picking up my tickets Friday. My brother is coming in from London. I'm only a maybe, my other brother might go instead of me. I kind of want to watch with my little boy. Tickets are not going to waste though, Die Hard Giants fans are going - no scalpers involved is the real miracle here.

What an overall forgettable season. Two poorly played championship games and a poorly played Super Bowl. The two best teams were bounced in the divisional round and a team that got pounded by the Redskins in December wins the title?

This season was dog shit. Seriously, what game will you look back on as a well played all around great game other than the Saints/49ers game?

Ooh remember when Brady and Manning had okay games and the drama of a guy falling into the endzone that didn't really want to score?

What an overall forgettable season. Two poorly played championship games and a poorly played Super Bowl. The two best teams were bounced in the divisional round and a team that got pounded by the Redskins in December wins the title?

This season was dog shit. Seriously, what game will you look back on as a well played all around great game other than the Saints/49ers game?

Ooh remember when Brady and Manning had okay games and the drama of a guy falling into the endzone that didn't really want to score?

Everyone has the right to see it there own way. Even if you're blind. No offense to actual blind people.

Holy Shit!

I owe a better story later. That was a sick game from where I sat. The refs might have let a few penalties go in the spirit of letting the players decide it all. I don't give a shit what Raiden thinks on this one. The Giants beat three of the four best teams in the NFL to win this thing, all on the road. They weren't healthy for most of the year yet still pulled this out. Their record was ugly but the way they played football when it mattered wasn't.

I spent last night debating the best sporting event I've been too - this killed the World Series and NBA finals. The Final Four comes after it as well. I think the Wimbeldon Finals is either tied with the Super Bowl or just after it as well (I was there courtside working the Nadal vs Federer Final a few years back)

That was a long night

Back to sleep.

Holy Shit!

I owe a better story later. That was a sick game from where I sat. The refs might have let a few penalties go in the spirit of letting the players decide it all. I don't give a shit what Raiden thinks on this one. The Giants beat three of the four best teams in the NFL to win this thing, all on the road. They weren't healthy for most of the year yet still pulled this out. Their record was ugly but the way they played football when it mattered wasn't.

I spent last night debating the best sporting event I've been too - this killed the World Series and NBA finals. The Final Four comes after it as well. I think the Wimbeldon Finals is either tied with the Super Bowl or just after it as well (I was there courtside working the Nadal vs Federer Final a few years back)

That was a long night

Back to sleep.

Sounds like you have a great time. I'm hoping I can find a way to go to Super Bowl 48 here in NJ. The best part besides the Giants beating the Pats is now hopefully Rex will shut his fucking mouth!

Everyone has the right to see it there own way. Even if you're blind. No offense to actual blind people.

Okay think about it like this. Remember the Steelers/Cardinals Super Bowl? What one play from that game sticks out in your mind? It's probably the unbelievable catch by whats-his-name where he got two feet in.

Remember the first Patriots/Giants Super Bowl? What play sticks out in your mind? Manning evading the sack and Tyree's unbelievable catch?

I could go on but what play had the most impact on last night's Super Bowl? It happened in the first quarter and it was Brady hucking it downfield from his own endzone for a safety. That one mistake was the most important play in the whole boring game.

Think about it. If he just runs from Tuck and throws it to a sideline how does that change the game? Well for starters instead of 17-15 it's now 17-13. The Giants need to score a TD to win. The Patriots can play D to stop them. If the Giants score a TD it's now 20-17 instead of 21-17. So the Patriots can play for OT instead of that mess of a drive in the final minute.

This Super Bowl was defined by that mistake in the first quarter.