NFL Discussion

It's hard to say whether moss made Culpepper or they were both good. That 2004 season for pepper was stellar.

But moss also had arguably the greatest QB of all time throwing to him in NE and the result was te best season a WR has ever had.

Moss made Culpepper. Brady needs to win a Super Bowl or 2 post-spygate to be in the "greatest of all time" discussion.

Brady doesn't have Marino-type numbers.

Well obviously there has to be some accounting for the fact that Marino is finished and Brady isn't. Give Brady 4 more years of reasonable production (so he plays 17 seasons like Marino) and his numbers are right there with him. Brady's completion percentage is higher, his TDs per game are higher, his picks per game are lower, qb rating is almost 10 higher, and his yards per game are off by a hair. Then there are the rings.

There's no dude that has it all (yet). Marino has the big stats, Montana has the championships, Manning falls into the discussion somewhere. There might be another guy or two you could make a case for that isn't coming to mind at the moment.

But the fact that I can even make the case above (whether you agree with it or not) proves that he is in the discussion. It's not like there is one QB in football that has everything (elite stats and championships) in the way someone like MJ or Gretsky does.

On the phone so I don't have all the stats in front of me but Johnny Unitas and Elway should be high up on a GOAT list. Elway had pretty good numbers and followed those numbers up by winning 2 Super Bowls to end his career. Johnny Unitas put up large numbers that are probably comparable to today's top qbs and at that time the throwing qb was a much different game.

According to the story (killed Lloyd because he had info on the other murders), and not having in depth knowledge of the legal system, seems to me like he is either found guilty and thrown in for life or acquitted and walks. Not really a question of guilty, but how many years. It's not a case like say a drunk driver who never intended to kill someone but through negligence did. Dude in cold blood put a bullet in the back of a man's head. Not really a lot of grey area to distinguish.