NFL Discussion

Man, I'm loving the moves the Pats are making this offseason. Usually they're very quiet in free-agency but the pickups they've mad have all been solid. Now they just need a pass rush and I'll be feeling pretty good about them. 

Their decisions are not quiet just ghastly in the past :P I want to see if Gronk can come back from a bigger injury though, one of my best buds is a Pats fan (from Dorchester) so I'm sure I'll hear about it :P

I love Dobson. I think he's gonna have a very solid year this year. Not sure if they draft another guy, they're looking at Kenny Britt too but not sure if that's happening. 

By landing 2 slot receivers yesterday, are the patriots putting all of their deep threat faith in Thompkins?

Apparently lots of NFL execs are pissed about the situation that led to Denver getting Sanders. His agent verbally accepted a deal from the Chiefs, then got in to talks with the Bucs, then skipped a scheduled visit to the 49ers, then accepted the Broncos offer.

Was just reading this, meanwhile this agent's certificates have been revoked in the pass....dude seems like a big dick, who obviously only chooses the best :P

Woah and now Schefty is reporting the Giants and DRC agreed to a 5 year deal.  Can't remember the Giants being this active in free agency in recent years, but damn am I loving the moves they are making.  Completely revamped the secondary which they've been ignoring for years.

Giants picked up Holliday too.

The DRC deal is great for the Giants. He turned down $45 M in Denver to hold out for more money. Giants deal is $39 M with $15 guaranteed. I don't know how much guaranteed money Denver had in their deal, but he left money on the table. 

Woah and now Schefty is reporting the Giants and DRC agreed to a 5 year deal.  Can't remember the Giants being this active in free agency in recent years, but damn am I loving the moves they are making.  Completely revamped the secondary which they've been ignoring for years.

Stevie Brown went to the same high school I played hockey at. I remember he led the league in interceptions for a while a couple years ago but tore his ACL and didn't play last year. He was pretty good for the Giants from what I remember.

james jones signed earlier today with the raiders.

seriously. what is carolina doing?

I feel like Carolina isn't sold on Cam Newton. Even after last season. Which is weird considering the rest of the NFC South has done squat so far and the division should be competitive again.

Stevie Brown went to the same high school I played hockey at. I remember he led the league in interceptions for a while a couple years ago but tore his ACL and didn't play last year. He was pretty good for the Giants from what I remember.

I am a huge fan of Stevie Brown.  I felt so fucking bad for dude last season.  He was def one of our defensive MVPs in 2012.  I'm happy to have him back there with Rolle.