NFL Discussion

I know right!? And two years ago you'd be right... It was the best place to be for a Sunday afternoon nap but idk Something happened in the last year here.

Between section 124 (Bold city Brigade who also put one hell of a tailgate) which is an all standing all chanting section doubling in size

The new Video boards which are pretty much IMAX on cocaine and acid

there's pools now along with a bunch of fan interaction zones

Bounce houses and rock climbing for the kids

The Budzone

The fantasy lounge

Our mascot doing back flips off the light fixtures

It's hard to get bored in that place specially with the cheapest nfl tickets in the league

they're really kicking it up a notch. They've really focused on the whole "fans game experience" and it's been showing.

But with all of that, is anyone watching the game?

and so it continues....

Via Profootballtalk

"Browns wide receiver Josh Gordon's hearing with the NFL is going to overtime.

A league source tells PFT that Gordon's hearing in New York went from 9:30 a.m. to 7 p.m., and will continue Monday.

Gordon's potential year-long suspension for his latest violation of the substance abuse policy hangs in the balance, and going into the process, there was a "slight chance" of a settlement  which might mean something shorter than a one-year ban from the league.

The difference between the A and B samples in Gordon's test for marijuana created a chance for the Chewbacca defense to prevail, and the fact today's hearing went so long only furthers that perception."

does the NFL use the same testing facilities that MLB uses?  I think its the international olympics facility?  and to follow that question, I heard that the testing process for the NFL consists of taking a sample, splitting it into two, testing the first which must reach a threshold to be deemed "positive", which leads to testing the second which has no threshold to meet other than simply the presence in the sample, which leads to the final verdict of a "failed" drug test?  is that correct?

does the NFL use the same testing facilities that MLB uses?  I think its the international olympics facility?  and to follow that question, I heard that the testing process for the NFL consists of taking a sample, splitting it into two, testing the first which must reach a threshold to be deemed "positive", which leads to testing the second which has no threshold to meet other than simply the presence in the sample, which leads to the final verdict of a "failed" drug test?  is that correct?

I am not sure, but I would think they would need to take 2 samples, not just one and split that into two.  

I am not sure, but I would think they would need to take 2 samples, not just one and split that into two.  

Collection of Sample: At the time of his Test, the player will 
furnish a urine specimen to an authorized specimen collector, 
which specimen shall be split into an “A” bottle and a “B” bottle. 
To prevent evasive conduct, all specimens will be collected under 
observation. Specimens will be shipped in collection bottles sealed 
with tamper-resistant seals. All bottles will be identified by a 
control identification number, not by the player’s name. The player 
will be asked to witness the entire procedure and then to sign the 
donor’s statement on the chain-of-custody form. For more detailed 
information, refer to Appendix A (“Testing Procedures”).

A central laboratory certified by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services 

Administration (“SAMHSA Lab”) will analyze all urine specimens for substances 

of abuse. NFLPA shall have a right to review the Policy’s SAMHSA Lab 

annually. Although the NFLPA will have the right to terminate the SAMHSA Lab 

for cause at any time, no such termination will be effective unless and until the 

Parties have agreed on a successor laboratory. If no such successor laboratory is 

agreed upon within six months of the date on which the NFLPA gives notice of its 

desire to terminate, the matter shall be referred to the Medical Director and the 

Medical Advisor, who shall promptly select and consult with a third physician 

who is neither an Interested Party nor affiliated with an Interested Party; after 

consultation, the three physicians together will jointly choose a successor 

laboratory as soon as is practicable.

Test of Split Sample: Any player Testing positive from the “A” 

bottle of his split sample may, within two days of receiving 

notification of his Positive Test, ask the Medical Advisor for a Test

of the other portion of his specimen from the “B” bottle. 

Notwithstanding the foregoing, “B” bottle testing shall not be 

afforded to players who provide a dilute specimen that results in a 

dilute warning pursuant to Appendix A-1. The “B” bottle Test is 

to be performed within ten working days of such request. The 

player may not be present at the “B” bottle Test, but, at his own 

expense, he may be represented at the “B” bottle Test by a 

qualified toxicologist not affiliated with a commercial laboratory. 

The “B” bottle Test will be performed at the same laboratory that 

did the original Test. The “B” bottle Test need only show that the 

substance, revealed in the “A” bottle Test, is evident to the “limits 

of detection” to confirm the results of the “A” bottle Test.

David Wilson officially advised to not play football again.  Sucks so much after the dude put so much into coming back from last year's injury.  As a Giants fan, its sad to see his career end so soon.  He had a lot of promise, and will be surely missed in our offense.  But as a person, I feel for him having his dream/career taken away so quick.  He has a great outlook about the whole situation though:

“I don’t want anybody to feel sorry for me, or pity me,” said Wilson. “I lived my dream. A lot of people only get to dream their dream. I lived that dream. Now I have a chance to dream another dream and live that, too.”

i know he says not to feel bad for him, but i definitely do.  best of luck to him and his future

for sure.  yea he was lucky enough o realize his dream, but to know he had so much potential and it was taken away, hard not to feel bad for him.  the way he's carrying it with such dignity makes me feel even worse for him since he's not a total douchebag who had it coming.

David Wilson officially advised to not play football again. Sucks so much after the dude put so much into coming back from last year's injury. As a Giants fan, its sad to see his career end so soon. He had a lot of promise, and will be surely missed in our offense. But as a person, I feel for him having his dream/career taken away so quick. He has a great outlook about the whole situation though:

“I don’t want anybody to feel sorry for me, or pity me,” said Wilson. “I lived my dream. A lot of people only get to dream their dream. I lived that dream. Now I have a chance to dream another dream and live that, too.”

Damn