NFL Discussion

I feel that every year i always find myself rooting for the Jaguars to be a better team. Maybe it's because Coughlin used to coach them and i feel a slight connection, but i know that Garrards game saving run against the Steelers in the 07-08 playoffs has always stuck in my mind since then and i have wanted to see them make it back.

When you're bringing up a rookie Qb that needs work, you want at least a decent center to help him out. Tho it's not a critical position it's still an important one and when you're constantly messing up the snap and can't get the ball in your qbs hand coupled with being unable to block anyone at all, it has trouble written all over it.

They offered Alex Mack big money for that reason, the browns saw it and matched it right away.

Would argue that a rookie QB needs a center less than a veteran. Going to change fewer plays at the line.

No doubt, you gotta be able to execute the snap 100% of the time and they can help the RB a lot in blocking. For the most part, though, center is going to get a double-team on a DT w/ a guard or maybe a blitzing LB up the middle. Have to execute, but nowhere near as important as that left tackle protecting the blind side from a big pass rushing DE. Rather have a good LT and below-average C than an all-pro up the middle and weak tackle.

I think we understand each others points. Just expanding a little.

It's a good argument, but I wasn't talking about changing plays (which I think is also good for a rookie to have but agree to disagree) I literally meant like we can't play shotgun bc half the time we try, the ball doesn't get to the Qb. It was just plain bad. Seeing as that's our OC's and new qbs favorite, it's going to be tough.

LT is also a huge question mark still. We drafted one #2 last year but he played RT and broke his leg early in the season. So we'll see. I'd be more inclined to not worry about center if the whole or even part of the o line was solid but it's really not. Long way to go still.

illegal contact by the defense is a point of emphasis this year because of all of the complaints about that being the only reason Seattle won the super bowl. Expect to see a lot of flags for that.

Yeah I saw that with the freakin' Brows/Lions game. 

Zero contact after 5

I like the idea and there's a few funny lines in there, but for the most part it's too painful to listen to be funny.

Not talking about their singing either -- needed someone to write something better than just "fantasy, fantasy, football fantasy" 50 times to eat up 2 minutes.

Omg fuck this is going to be a horrible year for defenses. Not digging the aggressive DB rules.

Wow. Every team just instantly became an offensive juggernaut this season. Just pick a WR. Throw his way, get a flag thrown, move the sticks for the auto first down.

This is pure bs. It's done this way so a team like the Broncos could win the Superbowl off of flags. We may have just seen the last dominant performance last year by the Seattle Seahawks D in a Superbowl win.

My goodness, I admire that Seattle crowd

Really good to see Russell Wilson still has that focus, and seems unaffected by his divorce seems like a legit dude! Good for him

This is pure bs. It's done this way so a team like the Broncos could win the Superbowl off of flags. We may have just seen the last dominant performance last year by the Seattle Seahawks D

While I agree that the excessive penalties suck, you're just jealous your Chargers have to play the Broncos twice each season will continue to not make to the Super Bowl.