NFL Discussion

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i personally would like to see Vick on the pats, though im sure he is more interested in a starting position than a back-up/5-6 plays a game position. but id rather him be here than anywhere else..hes an amazing athlete.

i'm really amazed no one has picked him up yet. there are many horrible teams that could use a decent QB. though i do remember reading somewhere that Vick himself said he was close to making a deal so im sure it'll be announced shortly.

Whoever signs him it'll be a PR disaster. It's almost not worth it. One of the rumors going around is that the NFL wants him to sign here because the Steelers are such a good franchise that it'll help boost his image. That an PETA would have a tough time dealing w/ tailgaters haha.

I like the idea of adding a player like Vick to the Steelers roster, but he's been out of the league for so long and we have a QB in Dennis Dixon that is currently capable of doing some of the things Vick brought to the table.

The one thing I don't like at all is that it takes Ben off of the field. I'd rather have a QB w/ 2 rings on the field than a guy that hasn't won anything.

The one thing I don't like at all is that it takes Ben off of the field. I'd rather have a QB w/ 2 rings on the field than a guy that hasn't won anything.

yea, thats what everyone is saying around here. that they'd rather never have the ball out of Bradys hands. i dunno though, i feel like Vick could be used for alot of things..hell he could probably even play safety or cornerback if he tried.

Besides vick being one giant piece of shit he sucked dick at quarterback and spent the last while getting his ass abused.

This move makes me think the front office is trying to take some face time away from the phillies and

possibly the flyers.

I hate it, and I seriously hope the team goes 0 - 16

Vick is an upgrade from McNabb for the Eagles but they're still not going to win the NFC East.

Vick is an upgrade from McNabb for the Eagles but they're still not going to win the NFC East.

False.

Vick is a rich man's Kordell Stewart.

Exactly.

I think Vick will help the Eagles tho.

Also the Eagles could defintiely win their division. Who knows what the Cowboys will do and the Giants are a for sure thing either.

i honestly don't see how vick is going to help the eagles. everyone keeps talking about the wildcat.

1) can you really run a wildcat 5-6 times a game?

2) is that really going to be effective? Wildcat worked b/c of surprise...it's going to be so obvious with vick in the game.

Pro coaches are pretty smart, they will figure it out.

They can always throw Vick in the game at random times with McNabb even when they arent going to run the wildcat just so the other team doesnt know when its coming, even when Vicks in the game.

False.

Vick is a rich man's Kordell Stewart.

I am pretty sure Kordell Stewart has more money than Michael Vick.

When McNabb tears some muscle or tendon in his legs/arms/feet/butt as it seems like he does every two years, and Vick becomes the QB, you'll understand what I mean.