NFL Discussion

The NFL is going to change a lot in the next 3-5 years.

Brees, Brady, and Manning will go. Teams like the lions are still being penalized by their high draft picks before the rookie wage scale (always struggling to stay under the cap and continually reworking contracts from guys like Suh and Stafford).

It's going to take another 5 or so years until the NFL reaches steady state with no teams being hurt by legacy rookie contracts. Then parity will be at an all time high.

I'd go with RG3. Denver's defense is terrible, and Washington is going to throw the ball a lot. Going to be a shootout. Matt Ryan is good, but doesn't have anyone to throw too. Douglas will be their top receiver, and covered by Peterson, and Arizona has a good defense. Go with Griffin.

i'd like to point out that tom brady has no WR and is having a TERRIBLE season for Tom Brady, so whoever said he makes his WR's, and not the other way around.... guess not this year, huh?

Where can you look at drop numbers? That's part of the story. Kills drives. The 2 or 3 national games I've seen of the Pats were full the announcers going "you gotta catch that ball". Brady can't make the catch for them.

He's also injured this week (hand).

There's no doubt in my mind he makes receivers. There's a limit to how far that can go, though, for everyone (manning, Rodgers, brees included).

Definitely feels like this is going to be the worst year of his career when it is over.

if i were the best receiver in the league in a matchup against the other best receiver in the league, i'd be pretty fucking pissed if the ball wasn't coming to me

Calvin would say that he would rather get shut out and win than get thrown to him a ton and lose. And I believe it with him (not just the same thing every athlete says). Dude is humble. It comes through in his demeanor after big catches and in his interviews.