NFL Discussion

Got in an argument with my friend last night over this. People need to remember there was basically a whole season Kitna was throwing Dez the ball. He truly broke out with Kitna than with Romo. That year Romo rarely threw it to him. Pretty sure Kitna was actually his first TD passer. Dez is better than Calvin in my mind. Yeah Im a Dallas fan, but come on this guy is a monster. He has more yards and TDs if he isnt interfered with 4 times on one drive (Looking at you Carry Williams you piece of shit). Calvin is great but no doubt in my mind Dez breaks that record within the next 2 years. People just want to knock Dez because of his past and the fact he's a Cowboy. 

Got in an argument with my friend last night over this. People need to remember there was basically a whole season Kitna was throwing Dez the ball. He truly broke out with Kitna than with Romo. That year Romo rarely threw it to him. Pretty sure Kitna was actually his first TD passer. Dez is better than Calvin in my mind. Yeah Im a Dallas fan, but come on this guy is a monster. He has more yards and TDs if he isnt interfered with 4 times on one drive (Looking at you Carry Williams you piece of shit). Calvin is great but no doubt in my mind Dez breaks that record within the next 2 years. People just want to knock Dez because of his past and the fact he's a Cowboy. 

Well Dez's best season so far had him getting 86 yards per game and Calvin put up 122 yards per game to break that record. So you can project whatever you want for Dez over 2 years but he has a LONG way to go to break that record. He needs to increase his per game production by 50%.

Dez doesnt get that ball thrown to him that much each game. Its just when he does he makes it count. Detroit's offense (up until Reggie Bush came in) relied on Calvin. Dallas doesnt rely on Dez, feeding him the ball as much. They spread to wealth to Austin, Dez, Witten, now Williams, and whatever RB is playing. 

Dez doesnt get that ball thrown to him that much each game. Its just when he does he makes it count. Detroit's offense (up until Reggie Bush came in) relied on Calvin. Dallas doesnt rely on Dez, feeding him the ball as much. They spread to wealth to Austin, Dez, Witten, now Williams, and whatever RB is playing. 

Dez is incred. No doubt.

You just said that he would break the record Calvin just put up. So he would if he played in Detroit but he won't because he plays next to Terrence Williams? Don't think so. Even though Detroit's offense is improved this year they still threw to other guys last year. They still ran with Bell and Leshoure. Calvin faced tons of double teams. He's just unstoppable.

628x471.jpg

Which is why I think Dez is an amazing receiver. But going based on combine stats (which I admit are imperfect, as they aren't the same age), Calvin is bigger (6'5" to 6'2"), Calvin's worst 40 time was better than Dez's best (4.39 to 4.45), and his pro day vertical jump was 4.5 inches higher. I think those are some pretty good, objective stats to use to compare them.

seriously.  romo and stafford are about the same, so... if Dez is better than Calvin, put up the numbers.  If he cant, he's clearly not better, regardless if other teams are interfering with him on catches or not.  people interfere with calvin, too, its not like he's immune to double-coverage and pass interference

seriously.  romo and stafford are about the same, so... if Dez is better than Calvin, put up the numbers.  If he cant, he's clearly not better, regardless if other teams are interfering with him on catches or not.  people interfere with calvin, too, its not like he's immune to double-coverage and pass interference

Fuck no.  Stafford is a much better QB.  Romo is shit.  I'd take Freeman before I took Romo.

Fuck no.  Stafford is a much better QB.  Romo is shit.  I'd take Freeman before I took Romo.

Are you fucking crazy? Freeman?! A guy who literally hasnt done SHIT ever?! At least Tony has a playoff win. Romo is on the verge of breaking Troy Aikmans records, TROY FUCKING AIKMAN. But yeah....he sucks. Im not saying hes incredible or the best in the league, but Romo is a good quarterback. To say hes not is fucking foolish. Guy has top 10 stats every year. But because he has to carry the team because his defense fails on him when he needs them to come through and he makes a mistake, he gets labeled as a bad qb. Such bullshit. 

I agree Romo>Freeman by like a hundred of miles. I feel like Calvin Johnson has taken too many hits because Stafford is so desperate at times he makes poor throws, similar to Romo but Calvin puts his body in harms way and comes down with the ball, but pays the price physically. I've seen Calvin hit really hard on a lot of slants and drag plays. (It's expected to get hit on a quick slant but still, he's catching passes behind him time to time which helps in getting a receiver ready to take a hit expectedly.

hate to burst Cowboy fans bubbles, but Aikman was good quarterback on a great team.  his numbers are NOT that great.  yes, he won 3 super bowls, but his 32,000 yards passing is 28th in NFL history, had 165/141 TD/INT and had a career passer rating of 81.7, showing that winning superbowls is all it takes to get into the hall of fame in the NFL, and the fact that Romo is about to pass his records?  WOW... Troy never threw for more than 3500 yards in a season.

Lucky for us the NFL has a system for rolling QB performance into single, comparable number.

Romo has a career QBR of 96.1 and stafford's is 84.5. Maybe the numbers are a little closer if you throw out Staffords 61 in his rookie year (Stafford being thrown out there right away while I'm assuming Romo sat on the bench for a little as an undrafted player) but QBR definitely sides with Romo being a better QB.

Lucky for us the NFL has a system for rolling QB performance into single, comparable number.

Romo has a career QBR of 96.1 and stafford's is 84.5. Maybe the numbers are a little closer if you throw out Staffords 61 in his rookie year (Stafford being thrown out there right away while I'm assuming Romo sat on the bench for a little as an undrafted player) but QBR definitely sides with Romo being a better QB.

you mean ESPN created a system for the NFL to not really use outside of ESPN publication/broadcasts, right?