NFL Discussion

The amount of Giants fans on my newsfeed who thinks the Giants road to the Super Bowl started tonight is blowing my mind. That fan base is so fucking delusional and spoiled. I dont even hate the team as much as I hate the fans. I only hate Tuck and Eli. And Rolle. 

As a Giants fan, no one I know who actually has football knowledge thinks this way.  The Giants looked like shit last night, but were outshit by Freeman.  Nicks and Cruz dropped TDs.  Nicks dropped too many balls.  Eli should have had 1 or 2 INT in that game.  And our starting RB was on the couch last week and couldn't avoid contact to save his life last night.  Special teams on both teams repeatedly tried to give the game away.  Ugly game all around 

Team is too decimated to save the season.  Just a fact.  O-line is in shambles, our secondary is horrendous, etc etc..

As a fan base, I don't think the majority is delusional.  You're probably just seeing band wagoners who picked up the giants after the '08 Superbowl.  Definitely spoiled tho, we have had competitive teams for the past 20 or so years.  Just crazy to see them on the Jets level of dysfunctional right now though. 

But yea... made absolutely no sense that Ponder did not start that game.  I thought coaches were supposed to put in the players that give your team the best chance to win.  Not try out some half-baked experiment on prime time TV.

They've already sold the majority of their tickets for this season, so that's a moot point. They're thinking he only has 2 more good seasons and looking toward the future.

The best comparison for AP would be Barry. Too bad he walked away too early (age 30).

I'd say two more good years is the floor. Walter Payton was still pretty good until he hit 32. Emmitt Smith wasn't as talented as AP and he started to nosedive around 31.

I'd bet he's still a top 5 running back until 32 (4 more years) and maybe a useful but unspectacular player for another 2 years after that. That's still a lot of tread on the tires if I am right. You'd have to get a lot if you traded him away (multiple first round picks or a whole lot of picks in the top 4 rounds).

The best comparison for AP would be Barry. Too bad he walked away too early (age 30).

I'd say two more good years is the floor. Walter Payton was still pretty good until he hit 32. Emmitt Smith wasn't as talented as AP and he started to nosedive around 31.

I'd bet he's still a top 5 running back until 32 (4 more years) and maybe a useful but unspectacular player for another 2 years after that. That's still a lot of tread on the tires if I am right. You'd have to get a lot if you traded him away (multiple first round picks or a whole lot of picks in the top 4 rounds).

I agree, there are teams that just need a couple of pieces (like AP) and there are teams that need a ton of pieces (like Minnesota).  They need to rebuild and I don't think they have the time to rebuild around AP while he's still in his prime.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9860528/why-do-peyton-manning-teams-struggle-big-games

i honestly wish that had been posted before they lost to indy. people have been gushing over him all season long, which 1. they do every year, and 2. of course, look at those numbers.

but really, the guy can't get it done in the playoffs. he can break every one of brady's regular season records as long as it means being embarrassed out of the first round again.

perhaps this actually is the season that he continues to steam roll the nfl right on through metlife. the way the whole denver team has played, i would not be surprised. but at least they already have one in the loss column. andrew luck, thank you for leading my fantasy team to victory this week. but more importantly, thank you for relieving me of 5 panicked months wondering if peyton was going to do what eli wouldn't let tom.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9860528/why-do-peyton-manning-teams-struggle-big-games

i honestly wish that had been posted before they lost to indy. people have been gushing over him all season long, which 1. they do every year, and 2. of course, look at those numbers.

but really, the guy can't get it done in the playoffs. he can break every one of brady's regular season records as long as it means being embarrassed out of the first round again.

perhaps this actually is the season that he continues to steam roll the nfl right on through metlife. the way the whole denver team has played, i would not be surprised. but at least they already have one in the loss column. andrew luck, thank you for leading my fantasy team to victory this week. but more importantly, thank you for relieving me of 5 panicked months wondering if peyton was going to do what eli wouldn't let tom.

I would guess it will be the second round again as Peyton usually leads his teams to a first round bye.  Being a Manning fan and seeing all of his playoff collapses with the Colts, I am hoping the Broncos don't start to rest him late in the year if they happen to lock things up early.  i always felt when the Colts would do that it was taking their foot off of the pedal and it made him rusty.  Honestly, if they had to play in the first round also it might be the best thing for them as it keeps his momentum going.

Or it all won't matter and Peyton will have an early playoff departure again.  That said, I am grateful for Peyton winning one Super Bowl and making football a big deal in Indiana.  If only the Colts could get a new owner...

The NFC champ this year will come down to seeding. If Seattle locks down a #1 seed, it will be tough to bet against them getting to the Super Bowl, but I would predict they lose the Super Bowl on a neutral field. In the AFC who knows.. The Broncos have to play the Chiefs twice still.. so who knows how that ends up but looking at the other three divisions, who is really that impressive? The Bengals and Colts are inconsistent and the Patriots have obvious issues on offense and now defense with the injuries.