NFL Discussion

The key to me is that it says "risk of future injury", not "if he is injured".

I'm no MD, but I did serve on a jury regarding a back injury case. Had multiple spinal neurosurgeons testify and one thing that was clear -- our spines are constantly in a state of degradation after our early 20s. Discs lose their elasticity (and bulge), bone spurs pinch the spinal canal, and a bunch of other things happen that can pinch nerves. He's already at-risk for future problems after the spinal fusion.

Just saying, risk for him goes beyond "anyone can injure their spine anytime". What risk he faces exactly, who knows. Need an MRI of his spine to answer that question (which will come as planned).

Just saying '97 & '98 Broncos era for '13 & '14 season :P

the browns want kubiak for OC.  Not sure if its going to happen, not looking good, but that would be a great move if they can get it done.  would be great for gordon and they could target ben tate with all that cap space.  leaves them a lot of picks to get some solid youth in their and a qb that sticks.

the browns want kubiak for OC. Not sure if its going to happen, not looking good, but that would be a great move if they can get it done. would be great for gordon and they could target ben tate with all that cap space. leaves them a lot of picks to get some solid youth in their and a qb that sticks.

I don't think Ben Tate is going to command a ton on the open market. If that is the Browns guy, they can make it happen (assuming he isn't locked into a specific location already like Houston).

I don't think Ben Tate is going to command a ton on the open market. If that is the Browns guy, they can make it happen (assuming he isn't locked into a specific location already like Houston).

rotoworld has him as the number 1 FA rb.  

I think last year's top running back free agents were better (Steven Jackson, Reggie Bush) and those guys got about $4 million a year. Would predict that Tate gets maybe 3 years, 10 million.

Not chump change or anything. It was just the way you said "target Tate with all that cap space" that drew that comment out of me. We aren't talking about a big DE or QB that is going to command a 50-100 million dollar deal. I don't know what their cap space is like but I am going to assume that if he is their guy, they can make it happen. Shouldn't really have to do much to make room for him. Everyone drops a couple million dollars each year off their cap due to retirements and lost free agents.

ahhh i gotcha.  yeah, they are looking like they will be 35 million under.  their other priority is alex mack but besides that they can really go out there and get some great players while drafting some great players too.  i am kind of just still shell shocked how many things they can make happen.  pettine has a lot of work ahead, but has a lot to like when you look at the job.

I have seen draft projections that have the Browns taking Hyde out of OSU with their late 1st.

I dont know how to feel about that. I am not the prototypical Ohio person, meaning Im not obsessed with the Buckeyes. so I dont really have any investment in the guy. I have seen good things from him but I am still unsure about him.

I have seen draft projections that have the Browns taking Hyde out of OSU with their late 1st.

I dont know how to feel about that. I am not the prototypical Ohio person, meaning Im not obsessed with the Buckeyes. so I dont really have any investment in the guy. I have seen good things from him but I am still unsure about him.

I don't think any team should draft a running back in the first round unless they are built for a super bowl and it is the last piece they need.

whats everyones thoughts about the super bowl being in cold weather.  so many mixed feelings by people.  none here, really excited about the chance of snow adding an extra element to what should be an extremely cold game.  really going to be a great storyline for mannings legacy.

whats everyones thoughts about the super bowl being in cold weather.  so many mixed feelings by people.  none here, really excited about the chance of snow adding an extra element to what should be an extremely cold game.  really going to be a great storyline for mannings legacy.

Peyton is going to have a good chance to practice in the snow/cold on Monday. I really don't think it will effect him as much as people predict. I know his "history" says otherwise, but most of that history was in Indianapolis where he always played indoors. Last year's playoff loss had little to do with his performance, and it was very cold that day.

Last year's playoff loss had little to do with his performance, and it was very cold that day.

how can you say last years loss had nothing to do with the weather? almost everything was below average for him:

average season completion %  >  baltimore game completion %

yards per game season average > baltimore game total yards

during the season he averaged .5 INTS a game > baltimore game 2 INTS

regular season qbr of 82.4   >  baltimore game 56.4

regular season passing rating 105.8  > baltimore game 88.3 

how can you say last years loss had nothing to do with the weather? almost everything was below average for him:

average season completion %  >  baltimore game completion %

yards per game season average > baltimore game total yards

during the season he averaged .5 INTS a game > baltimore game 2 INTS

regular season qbr of 82.4   >  baltimore game 56.4

regular season passing rating 105.8  > baltimore game 88.3 

Our offense did fine (not the best they'd ever done). It was the coaching decisions just to run and punt at the end and two blown coverages that allowed for the two hail marys that lost it for us. It's tough to peg that loss on Peyton.