NFL Discussion

Our offense did fine (not the best they'd ever done). It was the coaching decisions just to run and punt at the end and two blown coverages that allowed for the two hail marys that lost it for us. It's tough to peg that loss on Peyton.

their special teams did great that game.  anytime you can bring in two TDs off of special teams your odds are in your favor.

as much as i don't agree completely agree with the calls fox made during the end of regulation, throwing it on your own side of the field with time expiring and a pick would of ended the game with a chip shot field goal, either thing done would of been a questionable call with peyton mannings history of throwing playoff picks.

Wasn't one of the picks on the last possession? Just putting it in context.

Also, his worst game as a Bronco was in Atlanta in September.

it was their last possession, only because he threw in INT to set up a game winning field goal for Tucker.  it was 2nd & 6 on their own side of the field though.  could of easily threw it away.  thats putting it true context.

yeah he was horrific that game in atlanta, but that was his second game with the broncos coming back from neck surgery.

For sure. I remember it being a bad decision. It's just a little different when the team is in a situation where they have to pass.

And I'd have an easier time buying that it was due to the new team/neck surgery if there was a clear pattern to his stats (ie, started slow and came on at the end of the year). But when you look at the game logs, you don't see a clear pattern. In my mind, it's just a rare off game for Peyton, just like the Ravens playoff game and not due to weather. Will never know for sure what the cause of the poor performance was, though.

For sure. I remember it being a bad decision. It's just a little different when the team is in a situation where they have to pass.

And I'd have an easier time buying that it was due to the new team/neck surgery if there was a clear pattern to his stats (ie, started slow and came on at the end of the year). But when you look at the game logs, you don't see a clear pattern. In my mind, it's just a rare off game for Peyton, just like the Ravens playoff game and not due to weather. Will never know for sure what the cause of the poor performance was, though.

but it will be so much of a better story if he wins it all, in the cold, in his brothers stadium, and RETIRES!

i want him gone! for afc implications and fantasy because my buddy is planning to keep (Peyton Manning, Moreno, and Demaryius Thomas)

whats everyones thoughts about the super bowl being in cold weather. so many mixed feelings by people. none here, really excited about the chance of snow adding an extra element to what should be an extremely cold game. really going to be a great storyline for mannings legacy.

I like the cold weather venue. If all goes well, it opens up the door for a Denver Super Bowl.

I like the cold weather venue. If all goes well, it opens up the door for a Denver Super Bowl.

I actually think it's tougher on the QB... If Manning gifts any of those corners it's going to be a long day for you guys (I'm only assuming you're a Broncos fan) also feel like this game is set up in the Seahawks favor simply because I don't think Broncos have a good run defense and you're facing none other than, the Skittle King Beast Mode. I don't really see how the Broncos have the advantage in this one. 

And for me this is the one key stat about defenses that scare me anytime Chargers go against another team. 

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/givetake/position/defense/seasontype/2

What this usually entails is that the team isn't only scoring offensively, it's scoring defensively. Who know's though, maybe you guys have a solid defensive game again like they did against the no weapons Patriots.

whats everyones thoughts about the super bowl being in cold weather.  so many mixed feelings by people.  none here, really excited about the chance of snow adding an extra element to what should be an extremely cold game.  really going to be a great storyline for mannings legacy.

I love any game that's outside in the Super Bowl vs the artificial chatter of a domed game (During the K. Warner St. Louis Rams era that was just unreal, the Super Bowl atmosphere just felt too perfect and weird...

The game comes down to two things:

how peyton manages the weather

if the officials decide that THIS is the game where they shut down seattles defensive practices

Didn't really see anything most athletes don't do in there.

Why are his fans so obsessed with defending him. Why does it have to be black and white, stupid and smart? There is a lot of grey. He can be a very stupid and smart person at the same time. He is not a thug, but he is a punk

I actually think it's tougher on the QB... If Manning gifts any of those corners it's going to be a long day for you guys (I'm only assuming you're a Broncos fan) also feel like this game is set up in the Seahawks favor simply because I don't think Broncos have a good run defense and you're facing none other than, the Skittle King Beast Mode. I don't really see how the Broncos have the advantage in this one. 

You might not think the Broncos have a good run defense. But they do.

You might not think the Broncos have a good run defense. But they do.

3.9 yards per rushing attempt. Pretty solid. The jets are the only team that really set themselves apart from the pack (in a good way) at 3.4 yards per attempt. Pretty surprising how bunched up the other leaders are (2-11 are all 3.7 to 3.9 yards per rush).