NFL Discussion

Dude, they're one unfathomable kicking miscue away from brady/Bill being 2-3 in the Super Bowl. Woulda, coulda, shoulda talk is grasping at straws. Don't be that guy.

But you're acting like they haven't won a playoff game since "they got caught". They've won plenty.

They were bounced in the first round twice. Made 2 afc championship appearances, and a super bowl as well.

Far more than a better portion of the league could boast.

It's already been said, the AFC east outside of New England is absolutely terrible. Awful. Over the last 7 seasons the Bills, Dolphins and Jets are a collective 144-192 and only have 4 winning seasons between the 3 teams.

I'm not trying to take anything away from the Pats or what they did in the early 2000's but that was a decade ago. If you think that recording opponents practices didn't give them a competitive edge then I would have to question your sensibility.

It's already been said, the AFC east outside of New England is absolutely terrible. Awful. Over the last 7 seasons the Bills, Dolphins and Jets are a collective 144-192 and only have 4 winning seasons between the 3 teams.

I'm not trying to take anything away from the Pats or what they did in the early 2000's but that was a decade ago. If you think that recording opponents practices didn't give them a competitive edge then I would have to question your sensibility.

And I'll question yours as well if you haven't listened to every single person inside the nfl who has since weighed in on it, saying that the pats were far from alone in this practice.

It was made to be far more of an issue at the time, and it's a joke that people still fall back on it as the only ammo to fire at the patriots.

Go ahead and hate on them all you want, but if precious peyton were in the spy gate scenario, no one would have thought twice while swallowing a large papa johns in one bite.

The distinct advantage that they had prior to 07 was a competent squad on both sides of the ball. Every team would see a decline once their all around pro bowl defense started retiring.

They have done next to nothing to assemble a team based around the strengths of their quarter back. Instead they played politics and bullshit money ball, and now they're stuck with a clueless team who is going to flounder when they go down a 7 week stretch facing the league's best quarterbacks.

The distinct advantage that they had prior to 07 was a competent squad on both sides of the ball. Every team would see a decline once their all around pro bowl defense started retiring.

They have done next to nothing to assemble a team based around the strengths of their quarter back. Instead they played politics and bullshit money ball, and now they're stuck with a clueless team who is going to flounder when they go down a 7 week stretch facing the league's best quarterbacks.

They also used to trade their first round pick for a future first and second (or something similar) and just clean up in the second round. Before the rookie salary system, that used to be a far more profitable way of drafting (cost/benefit ratio was way better for second rounders than first). Maybe teams also started to wise up to the strategy and stop making those trades.

Would be interesting to see some kind of summary of what they did with all their draft picks over the years (including trades).

Also lately, it seems like the 49ers are the ones who are stacked with draft picks in the top couple rounds every...frickin...year.

They also used to trade their first round pick for a future first and second (or something similar) and just clean up in the second round. Before the rookie salary system, that used to be a far more profitable way of drafting (cost/benefit ratio was way better for second rounders than first). Maybe teams also started to wise up to the strategy and stop making those trades.

Would be interesting to see some kind of summary of what they did with all their draft picks over the years (including trades).

Also lately, it seems like the 49ers are the ones who are stacked with draft picks in the top couple rounds every...frickin...year.

Trent Baalke is a motherfucking wizard

How the hell is Meachem on the Saints still?! We paid him good money here in San Diego and he was completely a waste of time and in the games I've watched him this year (I have Brees on fantasy) Meachem has been greatly inconsistent! Don't get me wrong I know he's a good guy and says all the right things but man, he is just playing horribly right now.