NFL Discussion

So if something comes out before the playoffs they should deny it immediately and then admit in the offseason?

Admitting you did something is also not the same as being convicted of a crime. Look at the Dante Stallworth case. As best as I can recall, he admitted to hitting speeding while legally drunk and hitting a pedestrian. The man also was crossing in the middle of the road and essentially walked in front of a moving car. So you are suspending him immediately for manslaughter or waiting to see if it is murder?

Also, supposedly he could have beaten the manslaughter charge and only gotten a DUI due to the circumstances. If he chose to do that, he would still be admitting that he hit the man. He chose to accept the punishment for moral reasons because he felt he deserved it.

So his final conviction could have been anything from a DUI to murder despite admitting to what happened. How would you punish him?

Agreed. Adrian deserves a conviction before any action.

It's alllll money.

This will define the season for sure.

Goodell has set a precedent with suspending players before due process (Ben Roethlisberger)

At the time Roethlisberger had a previous charge for sexual assault so that argument doesn't apply. Secondly, all of these guys have been deactivated by their teams, not suspended by the NFL.

Whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty?

adrian-peterson-son-injuries-550x310.jpg

adrian-peterson-son-injuries-550x385.jpg

adrian-peterson-son-injuries-500x678.jpg

adrian-peterson-son-injuries-446x337.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZW1BhQCXQ4

"I hate that I have distracted my team," Hardy said as he addressed the media for the first time since being arrested and subsequently found guilty for assaulting and threatening his ex-girlfriend in May. 

Read On ABC News Radio: http://abcnewsradioonline.com/sports-news/greg-hardy-admits-to-being-a-distraction-for-panthers.html#ixzz3DjUC8kol

AND now Jonathan Dwyer breaking his wifes nose for not having sex with him? (I don't have evidence for this but I'm pretty sure a broken nose counts for something.)

Poor poor Vikings... http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2014-09-18/vikings-move-swiftly-to-release-jerome-simpson?eadid=SOC/FB/SNMain

Between Simpson and Peterson I think it's time to shop Peterson and see what they can get. Vikings aren't taking the NFC North or any Wildcard for that matter.

i honestly feel like they're one more disaster away from needing to just scrap the whole damn season

didn't think anything as disastrous as 56-14 would happen so quickly.

shut it down, boys. 

Anheuser Busch InBev says they're not satisfied with the way the NFL is handling domestic violence issues yet they're still a consistent sponsor in Floyd Mayweather fights; a guy with 7 such charges.

Jon Stewart nailed this point last night.  They sell a product that undoubtedly increases the chances of domestic violence, yet want to climb up on their high horse.

Poor poor Vikings... http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2014-09-18/vikings-move-swiftly-to-release-jerome-simpson?eadid=SOC/FB/SNMain

Between Simpson and Peterson I think it's time to shop Peterson and see what they can get. Vikings aren't taking the NFC North or any Wildcard for that matter.

No team is going to trade for Peterson. The PR they would take would be immense. He also has no trade value, and I honestly think we will never see him play again in the NFL.

No team is going to trade for Peterson. The PR they would take would be immense. He also has no trade value, and I honestly think we will never see him play again in the NFL.

Even beyond the stigma that would come with him, suspensions, etc., trades just don't really happen in the NFL.

Most trades that do happen are salary cap dumps that happen early in the year -- a guy on the second half of his career for a 6th round pick. Once teams have lined up how they want to use their cap space, there's not really a lot of room to take on a guy like AP and his salary.