NFL Discussion

I'm not entirely sure honestly. Just always have, I hate how everyone overhypes them like people saying they were still one of the best couple teams in the NFL when they had already lost 3 games for a reason. Tom Brady has always gotten on my nerves but I know he's good. I kind of like Wes Welker and Randy Moss as players but just don't like the team. Everyone's got 1 team they just don't like don't they?

are they really overhyped?

90% of the media i hear around here is about how they look super weak this year, and even with a good record, don't really stand much of a chance to get far in the playoffs.

i think everyone kinda hates the patriots. even the nfl. they got the hardest schedule of any team this year, which kinda sucks but whatever.

i don't even remember anything that happened in my life before 2000, so in my memory of sports, the patriots have made it to half of the superbowls and won 3 of em, so when they're not super dominant it feels weird.

and i totally know what you mean about an unexplainable dislike of a team. usually it's good/great teams too. for me it's manning and the colts.

nothing was better than seeing ty law intercept manning 3 times in a game, and manning literally crying.

I remember the patriots before 2000, they were horrible. HORRRRIIIBBBBLLLEEEE.

They had one losing season from 94-99, went to the Super Bowl in 97. No playoff appearances from 87-93 is brutal, though.

okay, it was the 87-93 period I remember then. it make sense because jim kelly was leading the bills to disappointment year after year, and the patriots were... living up to all the disappointment. for some reason, Erie County supported the Bills (2 hours away) more than the Steelers (part of PA) or the Browns (30 minutes closer than buffalo)...

all I remember from 94-99 was PACK PACK PACK, GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO PACK!

all I remember from 94-99 was PACK PACK PACK, GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO PACK!

Funny, that first half is a great memory for me, too:

1994: Dallas beats the PACK in the playoffs (later wins Super Bowl)

1995: Dallas beats the PACK in the playoffs

1996: Dallas beats the PACK in the playoffs (later wins Super Bowl)

It's a memory I have to hold on to since they haven't won anything since.

yeah, green bay was pretty good those years, just dallas was better. packers went to the super bowl 97 and 98 though, and I still don't get how brett favre can claim that his team now was better than in 97 when he won the superbowl.

i think everyone kinda hates the patriots. even the nfl. they got the hardest schedule of any team this year, which kinda sucks but whatever.

Last year the Steelers had the hardest, this year they have the easiest.

Super Bowl / Might not make the playoffs.

Weird.

Anyone see this?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/The-10-best-NFL-teams-of-the-last-decade?urn=nfl,205558

Two Steelers teams are on there, but it's the two that didn't win Super Bowls, odd stuff. Solid list though.

Last year the Steelers had the hardest, this year they have the easiest.

Actually, you're both incorrect but kind of correct. If you look at win/loss totals of the previous season (which is how strength of schedule is calculated) Miami has the most difficult schedule this season and Chicago has the weakest.

NE is among the 5 most difficult and PIT is among the 5 weakest. Granted that the four or five most difficult are only separated by one or two wins, but still. Miami's is technically the most difficult.

No talk of the Saints dismantling the Patriots? With a secondary consisting of a rookie and two guys off of the sofa, no less?

know who 4 of the bottom 5 are? Chicago, Detroit, Minnesota, Green Bay... an ENTIRE division... yet two of them can't even get a winning record! lol

and I love what the Saints are doing this year. I have always been a Drew Brees fan, thought it was not the best move at the time when he was sent out of San Diego for Rivers... but its worked out for him, and for the best at that. The entire offense of the Saints is built around him, where in SD it was being built around LT.

The Saints win was great. I've been paying attention to them since I picked up their D in FF awhile back.

I sealed #1 in my FF league. I made my money back by being top in the division, top in the league, and top in points. I'll probably lose in the first round of the playoffs though.

I still don't get how brett favre can claim that his team now was better than in 97 when he won the superbowl.

I know! There was a pretty big backlash amongst the players and local media. I think Reggie White would have come out of retirement just to sack his ass for making that comment when they played at Lambeau. This year's Vikings team is a good team, but - judgments aside - you shouldn't make that claim until AT LEAST the offseason (especially if they don't get to the Super Bowl).

not only would he have to come out of retirement, but he would also have to come back from the dead, too! reggie died in in 03 or 04. I think he said that to just further piss off Ted Thompson, for not bending over backwards for Brent and putting ARodg on the shelf another decade.

not only would he have to come out of retirement, but he would also have to come back from the dead, too! reggie died in in 03 or 04. I think he said that to just further piss off Ted Thompson, for not bending over backwards for Brent and putting ARodg on the shelf another decade.

Yeah, no I knew he died, that's why I said "would have," like would have if he were alive. Although I do like the image better with a zombie-version Reggie White.

96 - 98, the Packers team was fucking insane. stupid cowboys and bronco's getting in the way of 3-peating

1999 draft the green bay packers selected for their last pick of the draft, Donald Driver in the 7th round, the 213th pick overall. holy shit.

what's shocking about that?

he's been the top WR for the packers since 2000, so I mean, the fact he was taken in the 7th round... any team could have taken him, but didnt. I wasn't aware he was that late in the draft