NFL Discussion

even though rodgers was a top pick for the packers, I love how he had time to learn the pro game before taking over the helm at QB. I think that had pretty much everything to why he's been so good in green bay the last two years. the fact he sat for 3 years and just listened.

didnt really watch much football today.. heard the steelers got beat by the raiders (LOL!!!!), watching the Cardinals vs. Favre right now... I really cant wait for the Packers vs. Ravens tomorrow night. anything else crazy happen? I just couldn;t bring myself to watch football today after watching college games from noon to 11 PM yesterday... talk about some insane games!!!! So wish Nebraska would have won

didnt really watch much football today.. heard the steelers got beat by the raiders (LOL!!!!), watching the Cardinals vs. Favre right now... I really cant wait for the Packers vs. Ravens tomorrow night. anything else crazy happen? I just couldn;t bring myself to watch football today after watching college games from noon to 11 PM yesterday... talk about some insane games!!!! So wish Nebraska would have won

I'm from Austin, but you and me both. I was hoping for a UT loss. I root for the team, but when they are doing poorly i can't help but call them out on it. 97% of the people here blindly follow and can't acknowledge they are not a great team this year. They have some great players but their coaching staff needs to step it up. I think they just skated by.

Today, all i heard is how UT whooped up on Nebraska. only one person had the balls to say how horrible mack brown is as a couch. 2 running plays the whole game? He should not be a couch and the team should not be where they are today. And they played horribly. My coworker is one of those types. Colt is apparently the best qb in ncaa history and the truly believes that.

then again he also says that DAN MARINO should not talk about football because he apparently knows nothing about the game..so that shows how much he knows.

So i'm thinking of taking a $50 bet with him on the Cowboys / New Orleans game. Apparently NO is overrated in his eyes and they haven't played against a good team with a good defense (NYJ, NJG, STL, Philly ) and Brees is nowhere near the caliber as ROMO (his words not mine) this year. Not to mention NO is playing at home.. :)

Brees is nowhere near the caliber as ROMO (his words not mine) this year.

this is hilarious. you need to take that bet.

I'm from Austin, but you and me both. I was hoping for a UT loss. I root for the team, but when they are doing poorly i can't help but call them out on it. 97% of the people here blindly follow and can't acknowledge they are not a great team this year. They have some great players but their coaching staff needs to step it up. I think they just skated by.

Today, all i heard is how UT whooped up on Nebraska. only one person had the balls to say how horrible mack brown is as a couch. 2 running plays the whole game? He should not be a couch and the team should not be where they are today. And they played horribly. My coworker is one of those types. Colt is apparently the best qb in ncaa history and the truly believes that.

then again he also says that DAN MARINO should not talk about football because he apparently knows nothing about the game..so that shows how much he knows.

So i'm thinking of taking a $50 bet with him on the Cowboys / New Orleans game. Apparently NO is overrated in his eyes and they haven't played against a good team with a good defense (NYJ, NJG, STL, Philly ) and Brees is nowhere near the caliber as ROMO (his words not mine) this year. Not to mention NO is playing at home.. :)

Colt McCoy almost lost that game on the biggest brain-fart in the history of college football... scrambling with 7 seconds on the clock and throwing it out of bounds as the clock was just passing 2 seconds... fuck I was so so so so hoping that the clock had expired and they lost because of him!!! Sorta like watching Tim Teebow cry on the sidelines, i'd have loved to see Colt McCoy tearin' up.

well i really hope that the longhorns lose to the tide miserably. I am a UT fan, but i'd rather have them be in that bowl because they deserve to be there. They have not really played like a championship team all year IMHO. I dont see why most people can't see that. They have potential, but the mack brown's plays are whack. Had NU's offense had been slightly more than a joke, they would have gone to the championship. It doesn't take a brain surgeon to know that it's not that UT's defense was great, but that NU had no offense. which is all they needed to win. I can't wait till next month.

I read up on the wikipedia page about Who Dat after my post, and while I appreciate the cultural reference... it's still just fucking stupid.

"Who dat say dem gonna beat dem Saints?"

Really? Why doesn't your city change it to, "Who dat say we done need dat lurnin?"

How can you say you appreciate the cultural reference and then follow it up with your closing remark?

News flash: New Orleans is a very poor and uneducated city. It's also the most fantastic place in this country. I'd trade 17 Bostons, 4 NYC, and all of California for another New Orleans.

This is my second stint in this city. I don't plan on leaving again.

On a football note -- Saints had no business winning that game. But it still feels just as good.

So Who Dat!

By appreciate, I mean, it slightly lessens the blow, because at least it has some roots and isn't just some idiot who made up the dumbest sentence to ever catch on last week. Tradition gives it a +1. Unfortunately, that doesn't make a dent when it's already -183728984 on my scale of retardation/intelligence.

It's also kind of a double-edged sword. In order to be proud of that history, you have to be proud to be ignorant of nearly all language rules. It's just a strange phrase to use in order to capture the attitude of a city. It is obviously going to have a negative connotation when any outsider looks at it.

By appreciate, I mean, it slightly lessens the blow, because at least it has some roots and isn't just some idiot who made up the dumbest sentence to ever catch on last week. Tradition gives it a +1. Unfortunately, that doesn't make a dent when it's already -183728984 on my scale of retardation/intelligence.

It's also kind of a double-edged sword. In order to be proud of that history, you have to be proud to be ignorant of nearly all language rules. It's just a strange phrase to use in order to capture the attitude of a city. It is obviously going to have a negative connotation when any outsider looks at it.

Forgive me, but when did football in general, and football fans specifically become some bastion of higher education? Quite a percentage of the players themselves have attrocious language skills and have received a questionable education. I've been in more than one NFL stadium (4 to be exact) and I don't recall seeing many Rhodes Scholars in the stands next to me.

It doesn't capture the attitude of a city. It's football.

Don't go judgin' now, ya heard?

I finished FF 11-2 with the #1 seed and I have a very tough matchup to start the playoffs.

I'm going up against Brees and AP. I can counter with Schaub and Johnson, but it's pretty tight from there on out.

Reggie Wayne has been playing on a bum foot, should I start Fred Jackson over him in the flex position? I have no idea what's going on in Buffalo with their RBs -- I have Lynch too. I might just put Wayne in over Crabtree too, because he has yet to have a breakout game.

I have terrible TE matchups this week too. Finley vs Chicago and Davis vs Oakland. I'm thinking of going with Finley since he had such a huge game on Monday night.

The problem with have a stacked team is that I have too many options haha

Schaub

C. Johnson

F. Jackson

Sims-Walker

Crabtree

Finley

Saints

Gostkowski

R. Wayne

K. Smith

Bryant