NCAA Football Discussion

I have a hard time seeing Auburn going ahead of Ohio State. I agree with Auburn playing better teams and have more quality wins.

If it was Louisville or Baylor, I can see Auburn going ahead of them, but this is Ohio State. No matter how horrible their strength of schedule is, seeing an undefeated team of their caliber NOT in the championship when they are 1 of 2 remaining unbeatens left is a little far-fetched. 

Glad to see my Sun Devils take care of the PussyCats and get to host the Pac 12 Championship game.

the only way FSU does not play in the championship game is if both Auburn and Ohio STate win.  then it'd be Auburn/OSU with FSU 3 and Bama 4.  if either Auburn/OSU lose and FSU lose, FSU will still be in the title game.  As much as I hope Mizzou could get in, I dont think the computer will give them a chance in hell.  thankfully the playoffs start next season so this will be the last time we ever have to think about this bullshit computerized system

Cannot wait for the playoff system, I foresee some serious headaches still when it comes to deciding who the top 4 teams will be but at least being the number 3 or number 4 team does not mean you are out of the race.

me too.  I dont think there will be many headaches, hell, I dont think anyone would argue that the top 4 teams currently are the best in the nation, but the seeding could be interesting... the best game of the playoffs could be the first if they do a traditional 1/4 2/3 seeding.  FSU/Bama would be the best game, hands down, if the playoffs started right now.  Personally, I think the conference champions should be the only ones eligible for the playoffs, regardless of rankings (which takes Bama out of it) and should be the champs of the ACC, Big10, SEC, PAC12, Big12, American and then rotate two other conferences in based on strength/success of conference (MAC, MAEC?, A-Con, Big Sun, Mountain wehatever etc) and create a 4 week playoff system of 8 teams similar to the NCAA Tourny

the only way FSU does not play in the championship game is if both Auburn and Ohio STate win. then it'd be Auburn/OSU with FSU 3 and Bama 4.

Do you legitimately believe this? I believe FSU's rating right now is .990, which would be nearly impossible to surpass, especially for OSU.

Do you legitimately believe this? I believe FSU's rating right now is .990, which would be nearly impossible to surpass, especially for OSU.

If FSU lost and BOTH Auburn and OSU won?  Yes, absolutely I believe that.  FSU is .994 as UNDEFEATED but Ohio STate is .950 and Auburn is .923, if both win and FSU loses I do believe Auburn would go up enough to pass FSU's drop in the BSC.  Its not like FSU has a .1 lead over 2 and 3, losing to Duke could negatively impact FSU's numbers pretty substantially.

1 Florida State 0.9948

2 Ohio State 0.9503

3 Auburn 0.9233

holy hell, Derek Carr at Fresno State has thrown for 4500 yards, 45 TD and only 5 INT and 8 Sacks on the season.  his career?  12,000 yards, 108 TDs and 23 INT.

Dude is legit. If he ends up in the draft he will go high, although his brother's undeserved bad reputation might have an effect.