NCAA Football Discussion

Sorry my Buckeye brethren.. but Auburn is going to bump OSU out of the #2 spot if they beat a 4/5th ranked Mizzou team. Two top 5 wins > a bunch of unranked wins in the Big 10 and an almost loss to an unranked Michigan.

FSU v Auburn for the title game, calling it. Urban Meyer probably shits his pants.

Sorry my Buckeye brethren.. but Auburn is going to bump OSU out of the #2 spot if they beat a 4/5th ranked Mizzou team. Two top 5 wins > a bunch of unranked wins in the Big 10 and an almost loss to an unranked Michigan.

FSU v Auburn for the title game, calling it. Urban Meyer probably shits his pants.

mizzou beat SCAR?

I'm sorry but no you still must respect the unranked teams. Also FSU plays in the ACC...their opponent is Duke...and you wana say Big Ten wins mean nothing? Not a fan of either of those schools but come on dude.

When has the BCS EVER respected wins over unranked teams vs top 5 wins? Auburn would have beaten a top-12 Texas A&M, a #1 Alabama and a top 5 Mizzou (assuming they win next week). Ohio State has 1 top 25 win.. Wisconsin. Look at their schedule, where is the statement game? FSU at least beat a top 5 Miami and a #3 Clemson, as well as other top 25 teams, and they SPANKED them all.

Also, Duke is 10-2... I know it's Duke but, that's a better record than ANY team OSU has played this year. I'm not saying Ohio State doesn't have a really good team.. but that defense is not anywhere close to an Alabama or Florida State level.

When has the BCS EVER respected wins over unranked teams vs top 5 wins? Auburn would have beaten a top-12 Texas A&M, a #1 Alabama and a top 5 Mizzou (assuming they win next week). Ohio State has 1 top 25 win.. Wisconsin. Look at their schedule, where is the statement game? FSU at least beat a top 5 Miami and a #3 Clemson, as well as other top 25 teams, and they SPANKED them all.

Also, Duke is 10-2... I know it's Duke but, that's a better record than ANY team OSU has played this year. I'm not saying Ohio State doesn't have a really good team.. but that defense is not anywhere close to an Alabama or Florida State level.

I agree on all of this.

Also I still don't understand how Stanford continues to be ranked so high after two losses to unranked teams.

Lol, top 5 Miami. End of year rankings are all that matters. After Ohio State and Florida State play in their conference championships, the Buckeyes will have played a tougher schedule than FSU (which isn't saying much). However, the Buckeyes will have played 11-1 Michigan State and a 9-3 (should be 10-2) Wisconsin, both of whom would dismantle 10-2 Duke, and probably 10-2 Clemson. Oh yeah, Ohio State has also beaten two more teams with a winning record than Auburn. But you know, whatever.

Edit: you also claim FSU has beat other top 25 teams besides Clemson and Miami. Who are you talking about? Did you fact check any part of your post?

This is a silly argument. No matter what way you spin it, Ohio State is not as complete of a team as FSU, and watching any of the games would show that. My prediction for Auburn comes from the fact that I live in reality and know the BCS computers will give Auburn a big boost this week and I would be surprised if Ohio State's percentage didn't go down, considering they were essentially handed that win today.

Ohio state has played down to a lot of bad teams while Florida state has mollywopped every opponent they've faced. FSU>OSU.

This is the legit argument. Ohio State's defense is young, and the secondary gets burnt quite often. I think Ohio State has a complete enough offense to hang with FSU, but their defense will really need to step it up.

I'm also interested to see how FSU's defense looks against a team with a pulse.

Auburn lost to #6 LSU 35-21 but beat:

#24 Ole Miss

#7 Texas A&M

#25 Georgia

#1 Alabama

Auburn also beat Arkansas, Tennessee, Miissippi State who were 5 - 19 in the SEC

Ohio State beat:

#23 Wisconsin

#16 Northwestern

OSU also beat Indiana, Illinois and Perdue who are 4 - 20 in the Big10, Cal who is 0-9 in the Pac12

Auburn is facing #5 Missouri for SEC, Ohio State is facing #11 Michigan State for Big10 title