Inner Sleeve Replacement Question

Alright, so I'll admit this is a ridiculous question, but I still wanted feedback from the peanut gallery.

When you replace an inner sleeve for one of your albums, do you still keep the original paper sleeve that came with it?  I do, because I feel like it is "part of the original package", so to speak.  Definitely one of my many obsessive compulsive behaviors.  I know it's dumb - is anyone else dumb like me though?

If it's printed, yes, I always swap out the graphic sleeve for a plain or mofi/invest in vinyl option if I have them on hand. Otherwise, they go into  a bin that I use when I ship records I've sold. Some high end stuff I'll include the nicer plastic lined options and I have tons of records from before when I started doing this that I come across in my listening.

But, no, I don't keep them in the jacket with the record it came with... I do do that with the hype stickers, UPC stickers, etc.

Edited by mameeshkamowskwoz

NEVER STOP BEING A WEIRDO!!!

I keep all the original packaging unless it's damaged for some reason.  records go in new inner sleeves and jacket goes in new outer sleeve.

just imagine 50 years from now when some collector is going through your collection and they're like wow...nice collection but I can't believe he threw away all the original record paper sleeves.  trees don't exist anymore and those sleeves are irreplaceable.  

On injest everything gets put into a MoFi sleeve and then in a poly outer, if they're printed inner sleeves I'll keep them, and if the plastic inner will fit I put it in the printed one, otherwise I just put them in the jacket. 

Blank white/black/whatever get recycled. 

Edited by Corgipants

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/15/2023 at 2:08 PM, hallowken78 said:

Alright, so I'll admit this is a ridiculous question, but I still wanted feedback from the peanut gallery.

When you replace an inner sleeve for one of your albums, do you still keep the original paper sleeve that came with it?  I do, because I feel like it is "part of the original package", so to speak.  Definitely one of my many obsessive compulsive behaviors.  I know it's dumb - is anyone else dumb like me though?

Yes I keep the original inner sleeve, even if it's crap. I'm a bit manic about collecting and keeping all the original stuff