SHOTMAKER | Solid Brass Records

14 hours ago, dudefromglaciers said:

https://www.instagram.com/solidbrassrecs/

https://www.instagram.com/shotmaker_official/

Make sure to follow us and the band.

Announcements coming soon on this and other incredible records. You'll be stoked.

Chuck

Holy Christ! I might be one of the few people on this board who loves Shotmaker more than most things but this is awesome news! 

Is it a discography? I heard they lost the masters to a bunch of their material and had to do analog rips for the discography double CD that Troubleman did. I own most of their stuff (I think I’m just missing two of the 7”s and a tape split?) but I’ll definitely double dip if there’s anything “new” coming out with their name attached.

for anyone else unfamiliar, they were a sick post-hardcore band from the 90’s and had some of the gnarliest bass stuff going on! 

I shit bricks when I saw this on instagram yesterday. I am hoping for some sort of discography since I am a herb and never got their stuff pre-the vinyl boom. But I will honestly buy whatever it is. 

I always talked about these guys like they were Canada's Fugazi. Bands like Blake, The Plan, Okara, etc. all probably wouldnt have existed if not for them. I always loved that Shotmaker is way closer to early emo/screamo/emocore (think like Indian Summer, Sleepytime Trio, etc.) than like DC styled post hardcore though (obviously discounting Hoover) and that explains alot about elements that would pop up in Canadian bands that came after. 

Clearly, i am over excited for whatever this ends up being & I dont normally have an instance to go on about this band haha. 

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for late reply.

Mouse Ear Forget Me Not is a top ten for me. We're going to announce everything soon - so hang in there, biting my tongue - but trust me - you guys will be stoked. 

For anyone else keeping notes...we recently announced the Antarctica 2 x LP, Pleasure Forever new 12" and have a ton of more stuff coming this year and next.

We just listed some limited test press edition covers on band camp (nuzzle sold out immediately) - were going to do another round next month. Follow us on insta for info

Thanks for reading - 

Chuck

• 5 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, Sad Heart said:

Probably gonna have to order that on Friday. 

Yeah definitely picking this up on payday!

Oh also, here is the link to get the album from Solid Brass Records website

https://shop.solidbrassrecords.com/products/shotmaker-a-moment-in-time-3xlp-box-set-sbr

Ordered without hesitation. I own most of the back catalogue, but I had to double dip. Did you end up doing analogue transfers from the original records? I thought masters for most of the back catalogue were lost? (At least according to the discography CD Troubleman did) Also, what happened to the Watershed split and comp songs? Haha. Either way I'm beyond stoked as fuck for this and for the affordability, mad props! ❤️ 

1 hour ago, Derek™ said:

I’ve corrected this with an afternoon listen.  @prowl20 was not lying about that bass work.  Probably going to explore at least 1 more of their releases to seal the deal but it feels like a pretty obvious no-brainer.

Mouse Ear Forget Me Not / Maximillian Colby split (both sides) and the Believe In 7” are my favorites. 

12 hours ago, Derek™ said:

I’ve corrected this with an afternoon listen.  @prowl20 was not lying about that bass work.  Probably going to explore at least 1 more of their releases to seal the deal but it feels like a pretty obvious no-brainer.

Not only is the music good, but that price is fantastic. 

thanks to everyone that ordered the Shotmaker box set.  we added some photos to the Shopify store if you wanted to see it

https://shop.solidbrassrecords.com/products/shotmaker-a-moment-in-time-3xlp-box-set-sbr

a ton of work and care was put into it...cant wait for everyone to get theirs.

we have some other great releases too...antarctica...nuzzle...products...pines of Rome...poison arrows....

about to announce some other awesome stuff too...new bands and some more reissues.

thanks

chuck

PS working on an international thing to save some shipping money. totally get it. shipping sucks.

15 hours ago, dudefromglaciers said:

well have our UK Euro store link in the next few days so everyone can save on shipping. Stoked for this.

Also - just a reminder - we have a 15% off coupon on our storefront.  

We also do a free shipping once a month on Fridays.

Oh sweet. Which Friday is the free shipping? Stoked to grab this. Out of curiosity, what is the run size? Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/14/2023 at 9:49 PM, dudefromglaciers said:

well have our UK Euro store link in the next few days so everyone can save on shipping. Stoked for this.

Also - just a reminder - we have a 15% off coupon on our storefront.  

We also do a free shipping once a month on Fridays.

Any news on the EU store?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...