This Will Destroy You - Vinyl Quality

I've thought about making a thread like this for many years but never got around to it.  I'm not even sure if anyone else cares, lol.

If you've bought TWDY vinyl I'm sure you're aware that the quality is usually very lacking.  But there is the odd pressing that sounds okay (or even good!).

Do we still have TWDY variant collectors hanging out here?  I'm curious if we can come to a consensus on what the best quality pressing of each album is.

Is this a stupid thread?

Not stupid at all. My copy of Another Language was so bad that I actually stopped listening to their music. I was appalled they would even let something like that out to the public and charge money for it. My copy sounded like gravel. You can’t even hardly hear the music. It turned me off to them so much and I’ve not been around to listen again since.

5 minutes ago, RadDonut said:

Not stupid at all. My copy of Another Language was so bad that I actually stopped listening to their music. I was appalled they would even let something like that out to the public and charge money for it. My copy sounded like gravel. You can’t even hardly hear the music. It turned me off to them so much and I’ve not been around to listen again since.

I'm not a variant collector, so I can't comment on which copy is better than others.  But I personally have a Copper variant that sounds decent: https://www.discogs.com/release/6073717-This-Will-Destroy-You-Another-Language

What variant did/do you have?

This is the reason I've strayed away from buying anything they've released since Another Language. So many people have said the quality has been poopy on the last few records. I only own Young Mountain, Another Language, and an older pressing (the one with the cougars on it) of the s/t. I'll have to re-spin and report back.

man.....   what a shame.  These albums deserve RTI pressing treatment, and they get dogshit.  The only clean-pressing one, sound-wise, that i have is the 10th anniversary Young Mountain - but of course it's pressed off center and sounds like a broken cassette player lol.

I just got a copy of Another Language from Chris King himself, and the Suicide Squeeze pressing is SO NOISY and the labels go over the runout groove lol i didn't know, and suddenly heard SHHHHKKKKKKK.....  SHHHHHHKKKKKK as my $400 stylus/cartridge dies :( :( lol