Jay Reatard #5

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's going to be an GUTS style obstical competition with the prize being the single embedded in aggro crag.

While I love the GUTS (D-d-do you have it?!) reference, I can't help being really displeased over this. These Matador people have got to be on the bottom rung of the intelligence and common sense ladder although they seem to be scaling to the top of the one for assholes.

See I don't know though...and this is coming from someone who is completely disappointed over NOT getting one.

The server didn't crash and 100 people got records. Seems to me like it was actually successful. Sure, me and it seems many others sent emails within 10 seconds of the link being up and didn't get one, which is a total bummer. But who knows how many people sent emails within the first 10 seconds. Had to be well over 100.

See I don't know though...and this is coming from someone who is completely disappointed over NOT getting one.

The server didn't crash and 100 people got records. Seems to me like it was actually successful. Sure, me and it seems many others sent emails within 10 seconds of the link being up and didn't get one, which is a total bummer. But who knows how many people sent emails within the first 10 seconds. Had to be well over 100.

I mean, it seems like it was actually less of a disaster than the last one, so I'll give them that much. Still, it seems like a really convoluted process.

Anyway, I guess it was bound to be insanity since they only put up 100. That seems like a really low #

Heres what I think and I think alot of people here will agree with me.

Why dont they make more? They easily have the demand for more and they could easily turn a profit on 2000 of these.

Benifits of pressing 2000 of these as oposed to 500. Higher profits, it would discourage flipping since they would be much easier to get, did I forget to mention HIGHER PROFITS?

I dont see any downside to it either.

of course this is coming from someone who didn't get one... but...

im curious to which ppl got confirmation emails who their email host is? i mean some of us sent it within five seconds... literally.

mines gmail.

I sent mine through my business email, which is hosted by Yahoo. Sent at 12:00:36 -0700 (PDT)

So I emailed them for fun, he got back to me and said my email did not arrive until 3:07PM, which I sent it seconds after it went up, I mean, I posted here saying it was up the second it went up. So who knows, I'm getting sick of the PO fiasco every single time something goes up, only because I always fail, lol

Honestly, I think this time was a luck-of the draw situation any way you slice it. I really don't think matador knew what the demand was gonna be like when this was in the planning stages, and now they're doing the best they can to make it fair for everyone. I think it's fine that the #'s are more limited the deeper it gets into the series, that makes it something collectible. I think if they pressed 5000 of these things no one would care enough to get one.

I didn't get #5, and sure, I'm little upset, but life will go on.

and to kyleevanswastaken, lighten up, man. If this is the worst thing that's happened to you all week, you've got it pretty good.

(unless you've just been joking about wanting to mess up JR's gear and punch him in the face next time he comes to your town)

Honestly, I think this time was a luck-of the draw situation any way you slice it. I really don't think matador knew what the demand was gonna be like when this was in the planning stages, and now they're doing the best they can to make it fair for everyone. I think it's fine that the #'s are more limited the deeper it gets into the series, that makes it something collectible. I think if they pressed 5000 of these things no one would care enough to get one.

I didn't get #5, and sure, I'm little upset, but life will go on.

and to kyleevanswastaken, lighten up, man. If this is the worst thing that's happened to you all week, you've got it pretty good.

(unless you've just been joking about wanting to mess up JR's gear and punch him in the face next time he comes to your town)

I am ticked off that they have handled this whole thing so badly, it makes no sense to release 100 when they can sell 1000 or 2000 just as easily, its bad business strategy,

as for the fucking up his gear, as much as I hate to explain a joke ( it just makes it less fun) I live in toronto.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zOA8i9UnEQ