Should I sell my soul for $7.00 an hour?

So I went in for an interview today. It is at a telemarketing company and I was told the interview I was going for was that I would update existing Verizon Wireless members plans over the phone. They told me the job payed $10 an hour. Now this place is an hour away because I am moving friday so I think alright bummer I have to spend gas on this big drive but whatever if I have a job before I move that would be sweet. Anyways I go in and they give me this paper to read. I start reading and all the sudden I stop dead in my tracks when Republic Party comes up. I stutter a bit and think to myself "oh shit." Anyways, it turns out they lied to me and I'm applying for a telemarketing position for the Republican Party trying to get donations. Not only that but my wage is $7.00 an hour and not $10 as I was told. Lame shit, I should have known better when the application had the question "would you like to join the NRA?"

Anyways, I'm pissed. I got the job but theres no way I can take it, I'm so against this it's rediculous. Plus for that nice wage of $7 an hour I have to come in with no earrings, a dress shirt with tie, dress pants, dress shoes, dress socks, my beard fully trimmed and less than 1 inch at all times, and my hair combed over to the side. Awfully big demands for a job that pays me minimum wage.

if you're having doubts now, you know you'll regret it. You can find a lot of place willing to pay 7 bucks an hour (IE- retail, food service) without having to schlep the GOP agenda. i suggest:

1. Contact the Better Business Bureau OR local news station.

2. Accept the job and seem VERY motivated

3. First day there, wear an Obama / Democratic Party button (if they don't ask you to leave see next steps)

4. After the first hour stand up and say "oh MY god, who farted?!"

5. Take shirt off, walk out and never come back again.

Plus for that nice wage of $7 an hour I have to come in with no earrings, a dress shirt with tie, dress pants, dress shoes, dress socks, my beard fully trimmed and less than 1 inch at all times, and my hair combed over to the side. Awfully big demands for a job that pays me minimum wage.

Awfully big demands for a job where no one you talk to is ever going to SEE you.

No, I don't plan on taking this job at all. I am seriously thinking about showing up for their training week, getting paid to go through that and when I have to make an actual call quitting. That way they basically paid to train me for nothing. It's an hour away from me now but it will only be like a 20 minute bike ride from me once I move this friday. Still, thats why I was pissed that they misrepresented it because I still spent gas on what I thought was going to be a promising job for nothing, thats why I'm thinking about the whole let them train me only to wear an obama shirt on my very first day of work.