and a lot of money later....

don

that looks great.

idiot qustion following...

how do you make sure the poster will stay in the center of the matte? is there an adhesive used that doesnt degrade the poster, or is the pressure from the matte usually enough to keep it in place?

I have no idea. I brought it to a gallery to get framed.

Thanks to this picture, though, I noticed the fingerprint on the bottom left. That is now gone!

I don't know about prints, but an Anime cel w/ original background that I got framed, they used these photo corners to hold it in place under the mat. This way no adhesive was used.

[image]

(best pic I could find googled to illustrate what the corners look like)

Which anime was the cel from? My wife used to get those and they were expensive as shit.

Thanks Thomas. I got it years ago wat before Anime was more mainstreamed and exposed by Adult Swim and channels like that. It was a lot more affordable back then.

I have a bunch more other cels but they're in an art portfolio book. I'd love to get my hands on some original cels for Evangelion, Akira, and Ghost In The Shell.

you can buy archive adhesives, most framing shops use this, it's foam-y double sided tape that doesn't harm paper or fabrics.

Yup.

And make sure to ask specifically for it if you ever get anything framed... some shops glue your shit to a foam-core board by default.

(I used to work at Prints Plus in the mall in high school. Fun times.)