know of a good way to gauge the value of vinyl?

I was just wondering if there is a website or some other source besides ebay to find out the value of most of the vinyl I own. I check on ebay to see if people are selling stuff that I own but most of the time they aren't or I feel the value is misrepresented. thanks for your input.

+jason

You can't gauge the value of records that were made recently. You certainly can use a price guide for stuff like old Beatles LPs and shit, but this modern crap that everyone is spending a fortune on is going to be worthless in a few years. It's like all the chromium cover polybagged shit they did with comics in the early 90s. They were "worth" a bunch to idiots buying them then and now you can't sell any of them for a fucking quarter.

This is especially going to be the case for records where there are 40 different pressings....nobody is going to care which is which, because there are so many of them in the first place. And, every kid who ever buys one now knows to keep it in excellent condition, sell it on eBay etc. It's not like people are buying records to LISTEN to.

So my advice is that if it's a recent record you want to listen to, keep it. Otherwise, who the hell cares what it's worth? Sell it on eBay and find out. Chances are that if it's selling for a lot on eBay now it can only go down in value.

I've only used popsike to maybe get an an idea of average price a record has gone for recently. But at the end of the day, the monetary value of a record is subjective.

Someone may be willing to pay $200 for a record whereas I'd only pay $50.

You want to gauge the value of a record?...put it up on eBay or offer it here and see what kind of offers you get.

popsike is a terrible way to judge value

not really. its actually a great way. you just have to realize that an auction from 2006 isn't current. pretty much what you're saying is the going price of something on ebay isn't a good way to judge a records value? what should it be judged by then? personal sales? your own opinion?

my observation is use ebay as source if you wanna sell something.

check last 3-6 months of the stuff which you wanna sell and calculate for average price (total of all ended price/copy volume).

you can see the stuff you wanna sell has more demand or not by the ended price and if you're not hurry for part with it/em,you shoudl wait until demand on it/them got high.

not sure my english can descript you understand or not,sorry....