J. Bannon LE Glicee prints up!

jhulud

Jane Doe was a giclee? Wasn't it only $30?

On a separate note, someone mentioned screen prints don't have texture... the ones i have do, don't you mean litho prints dont?

theres two editions of jane doe. the original was a giclee and was originally $100. the second was a silkscreen which was $30 and is what you typically see pop up on ebay. they came out a few years apart from each other.

Oh cool, nice! No idea there were more than one print type on that piece.

Jane Doe was a giclee? Wasn't it only $30?

On a separate note, someone mentioned screen prints don't have texture... the ones i have do, don't you mean litho prints dont?

theres two editions of jane doe. the original was a giclee and was originally $100. the second was a silkscreen which was $30 and is what you typically see pop up on ebay. they came out a few years apart from each other.

^

what he said.

would have for sure picked up silkscreens of these -- though, not even sure they could have even been reproduced properly through silkscreening since i know nothing about printmaking.

my bro is a printer, while I do not fully understand the complex process involved in these, he's tried to explain, I don't think you can just get these over to silk screened prints at all

These are really wonderful prints, wow.

these prints couldnt be done screen printed, waaaay too much detail and it wouldnt come out as good.

HERES THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN GLICEE PRINTS AND SCREEN PRINTS...

glicee prints are extremely high end prints from a printer (hooked up to a printer). we have one here at my job, and just a roll of the paper (24"x59') is about $200-400, depending on the quality you order. the ink is expensive as hell, but the one benifit is that its the best way to get EXTREMELY high end art stuff mass produced and you can print to order, so you dont have to try to gauge how many you're going to sell, you can just do them as the orders come in.

we do all the prints for horsebites and paper and plastick here btw.

FYI...Jake posted this over at DW in response to a question about these glicee prints being available in other format:

Date: August 18, 2008 07:23PM

There will be smaller Prints available in the coming months.

This is a project we've been meaning to get off the ground for quite some time now, since the close of the "Public Domain" Art Show. These are really over the top, but that was the intention. Extremely limited in amount, incredibly massive in size. Not for everyone, but for those that it appeals to, will know immediately.

Thanks everyone.

-J.

^

what he said.

As someone who owns one of those original Giclee Jane Doe prints, I can assure they cost more than $100. They were out of 100 though.