SXE and Tattoos

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well when i'm offered a drink i never say i'm edge, that's just stupid. i say no thanks i don't drink. which is the non-douce way to decline.

I think this is the perfect way respond.

This isn't directed towards you or anything but I fucking hate the edge kids who draw x's on their hands and go around talking non stop about how edge they are. I have no problem with people who don't drink, smoke, whatever. I'm all about people doing what they enjoy and what makes them happy but like controlthebleeding said it just comes off weird. you end up looking like a douche bag and a fake.

no, those kids are assholes and are no better than people who come to school on mondays bragging about how drunk they got at that party over the weekend (yes i'm still in high school).

i think it's totally fucking arrogant to ever try and push what you do on other people. so i don't, i just do what's good for me. and that goes for this and everything else. if you ask me why i'm edge i'll tell you, otherwise it's a strictly personal thing.

/end.

Guest baseball

I'm going to start a straight edge band. We'll either be called the..

The CocaoNos

or..

TheoXbros

We're going to rail against the establishment pushing chocolate on all of us, with its stimulant Theobromine. Fuck those drug pushers. We don't need your heart stimulating drugs hidden in delicious delicious treats.

The Enemy

[image]

hey, guess what? not only are you wrong about caffeine being more hazardous to your body than mushrooms or lsd, but you're basically talking out of your ass. caffeine has zero physical effect on me. i drink coffee because i like it. i can go days without drinking it with absolutely no effect. no physical dependency, no withdrawl. yes, caffeine is a drug....

ugh... ya know what?

nevermind, this is a stupid discussion.

Okay dude. I'm wrong about the pharmacology? Prove it. I encourage you to try. I've studied this shit for years. I'll be happy to have this conversation if you want to.

You obviously have your own definition of 'straight edge', that's fine. I really don't care, but caffeine is a drug, and you obviously know it.

It's pretty silly though, that you base your definition of a drug on how it affects only you personally.

haha, baseball knows his shit. i would not argue that. i don't think caffeine goes with edge at all, but it definitely is a drug. but i won't give edge kids shit for drinking it. i dunno. i'm sorta with benchwarmer. i don't go around saying anything, but if someone asks and is interested and not being a dick about it i will explain.

god, its so fucking stupid...

is there a checklist on what i can or cant do to be straightedge? cause i want to fit in perfectly with the label. I want to reduce myself until i am just merely "straightedge" with no shred of personal identity.

dont call yourself straight edge. ever.

do what you want.

so many punks/hardcore kids embrace conformity. its amazing.

So fucking right its amazing. I get the whole idea of it, trying to a better person but not drinking, using drugs, or engaging in other possibly harmful activities but why in the hell would you label yourself? I mean its just another clique of people. So you're not in a frat but you're straight edge isn't it two side of the same coin? This only really applies to those kids who feel the need to publicize, preach, or otherwise flaunt their whole straight edge deal. The kids who just feel like not drinking, drugging etc but say nothing, good for you.

Oh and being "edge" before you can legally buy alcohol or smokes is just silly.

I don't think its silly. In high school, a good percentage of the kids drink and smoke before they are legally able to. I think in that case, it is pretty easy to call yourself straight edge. I made the choice when I was 16 to not drink or smoke because my friends acted like idiots.

It certainly means a lot more in some ways once you're 21 and most of your peers drink on a regular basis. That doesn't necessarily make it silly for people to make that choice at a younger age.

god, its so fucking stupid...

is there a checklist on what i can or cant do to be straightedge? cause i want to fit in perfectly with the label. I want to reduce myself until i am just merely "straightedge" with no shred of personal identity.

dont call yourself straight edge. ever.

do what you want.

so many punks/hardcore kids embrace conformity. its amazing.

So fucking right its amazing. I get the whole idea of it, trying to a better person but not drinking, using drugs, or engaging in other possibly harmful activities but why in the hell would you label yourself? I mean its just another clique of people. So you're not in a frat but you're straight edge isn't it two side of the same coin? This only really applies to those kids who feel the need to publicize, preach, or otherwise flaunt their whole straight edge deal. The kids who just feel like not drinking, drugging etc but say nothing, good for you.

Straight Edgers like to hang out together. Is that really hard to understand? I don't drink or do drugs, do you know how many times people have pushed them onto me? I don't like being around that kind of environment and having 'straight edge' friends is a good thing.

There will ALWAYS be labels for everything. Punk kids. Hardcore kids. Vegans. Athiests. Stoners. The list goes on. People have pride to relate to these groups - there are plenty of "pot leaf" t-shirts, vegan t-shirts, ect. I know of a high school science teacher who has 5-10 Athiest stickers on his car.

I find it funny that being Straight Edge pisses people off. Why do you care? Stoners and Drunks annoy the hell out of me but you don't see me bitching about it on the internet. Just ignore it.

Straight Edgers like to hang out together. Is that really hard to understand? I don't drink or do drugs, do you know how many times people have pushed them onto me? I don't like being around that kind of environment and having 'straight edge' friends is a good thing.

There will ALWAYS be labels for everything. Punk kids. Hardcore kids. Vegans. Athiests. Stoners. The list goes on. People have pride to relate to these groups - there are plenty of "pot leaf" t-shirts, vegan t-shirts, ect. I know of a high school science teacher who has 5-10 Athiest stickers on his car.

I find it funny that being Straight Edge pisses people off. Why do you care? Stoners and Drunks annoy the hell out of me but you don't see me bitching about it on the internet. Just ignore it.

There's a difference in being grouped by others and choosing to group yourself. And it doesn't piss me off, I think its totally fucking stupid. My mom doesn't smoke, drink, and use drugs? Is she Straight Edge? Seems that way.

And its totally silly before you're 21. Its like saying I choose not to drive before I'm 16 (in CA). Uh, of course you do, you can't do it very easily so its not hard to avoid.

To the dude who said caffeine isn't a drug because it doesn't affect him physically and he's not addicted...

L

O

L

Doesn't change the fact that it is a socially acceptable drug. What about Tylenol, would you take that for headaches? And I'm not trying to be a dick, I honestly want to know.

And its totally silly before you're 21. Its like saying I choose not to drive before I'm 16 (in CA). Uh, of course you do, you can't do it very easily so its not hard to avoid.

This is a stupid argument. I don't know how old you are but nowadays drugs and alcohol is rampant in High School. I live in the suburbs and coke is HUGE around here and its common for 15-16 year olds to get drunk all the time.

Sophomore year a girl actually brought Vodka and put it in a water bottle and drank it in class.

Your mom isn't straight edge because she's not part of that culture. I listen to punk music, does that mean I live the punk lifestyle? No. but many people are part of the punk lifestyle and dress appropriately.

To the dude who said caffeine isn't a drug because it doesn't affect him physically and he's not addicted...

L

O

L

Doesn't change the fact that it is a socially acceptable drug. What about Tylenol, would you take that for headaches? And I'm not trying to be a dick, I honestly want to know.

Straight Edge doesn't have a list of items you can't consumer. There are straight edge people who won't take any type of drug included caffeine, Tylenol, ect. That doesn't mean every straight edge person has the same ideals.

Is it really that hard to understand? Some people are against things like Tylenol, I'm personally fine with a drug that will ease pain. By your logic I guess Straight Edge people can't be put under anesthesia if they have surgey. ::)

For the record, I've never smoked or done drugs and I drank once. I consider myself straight edge. I believe Marijuana should be legalized and the drinking age should be lowered to 18. In fact, I actually wrote to my local rep about the recent bill proposed to decriminalize marijuana.

"Sluts fuck better." she said to me.

So what's with the Scarlet Letter shit?

There's no 'A' on your chest.

Dumber than a bag of Hatebreed fans.

There isn't enough medicine in the world for my headache.

But if you'd prefer,

go ahead and sit on your holy hands.

Wait for your stuck up 16th century rapture.

A little skin and you'd fuck me just like anyone else would.

As we head ignorance first into Armageddon...

See you in Hell.

God damn your eyes.

I agree with you but not for the same reason. Most people who claim before they're 21 will break anyway. People "grow up" and realize they got into something for the wrong reasons and down they go. I've seen dudes with xxx tattoos start drinking for a girl and to look cool in front of them. Those are the people that make people think of it as a joke.

The thing is, you can drive just as easy when you're 16, but you can't drive in your friends bedroom when their parents aren't home and they raided the car cabinet naw mean?

Stoners and Drunks don't call themselves Potheads and Drunks. That's what we were pointing out. if they did, i'd laugh at them too.. If you're Straight Edge. that's all good, but why classify yourself and make it known. It's like saying "im punk rock" .. people listen to punk rock, but caliing yourself "punk rock" is just silly. just like if anyone said "i'm a hippie"

I also believe straight edge doesnt really mean much either till you're 21. Anyone under that age usually hasn't really grown up yet, and alot of people follow trends and peer pressure. so if you're friends are doing it, then guess what....you are most likely gonna do it too. Im not saying everyone does that, but most do. Kids influence other kids pretty easily, and that's why groups of youngsters tend to hang together. The kids that like to get fucked up are gonna be the kids who hang out with kids who get fucked up, just like the straight edge kids are gonne be the same who hang out with each other..

Maybe if someone was 18 partying with a bunch of kids who were drinking and doing drugs, and you were hanging out with them, but aren't touching a drug or bit of alcohol then maybe i'd be more accepting. Mainly because you are being a individual and not doing what is around you. I know you'll probably make a point of "Why would i hang out with a bunch of drunks".. I don't know, but most of my friends drink and do coke, but I can still hang out with them without doing any of it, and eating a pack of m&m's and a gatorade. People whether drunk ro not are good conversation and you like their company.

Once people turn 21 or older they tend to let loose of the trends that people do and eventually grow up and do what pleases them. whether it be drinking on occasion or the occasional joint, or not anything. Therefore people who are usually 25 or so and don't do drugs or drink, i am in complete acceptance of them.

But when it comes down to it.. there's a place and time to say "i'm straight edge" but it's usually said more often than is needed.

people don't care if you're straight edge or not. People care about stupid assholes acting like they are better than you when really they just need to shut the fuck up.

this goes both ways though..

definitely have met 'preachy' straight edge kids who put themselves on a pedestal for their 'beliefs'

but have also met kids that will totally bash a straight edge kid for not drinking, acting like they're better because they do.

people don't care if you're straight edge or not. People care about stupid assholes acting like they are better than you when really they just need to shut the fuck up.

this goes both ways though..

definitely have met 'preachy' straight edge kids who put themselves on a pedestal for their 'beliefs'

but have also met kids that will totally bash a straight edge kid for not drinking, acting like they're better because they do.

that is absolutly true. I think we can all agree that most people just suck no matter what they are into.