Spraypainted Heavens Covers

I'm going to make a stencil and make my own cover for the Heavens record. If you're interested please post accordingly here. I'll probably just charge cost + shipping, so the more people who want one the cheaper they'll be. Probably no more than 3-5 bucks unless I run out of mailers. If you want them numbered, different art then the cd etc let me know here. I'll try and have them done by christmas or the first week of January if things go well. Who is interested.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this guy can do no right with you guys, its unbelievable. first everyone bitches about how they arent getting them. then when you get them you bitch about how it looks. its simple and it looks fine! a lot of records come in just dj sleeves with stickers (and no not just dj 12"s harhar). you dont need quadruple gatefold, gold foiled covers for every release. the record will sound the same either way. are you just gonna make a new cover for every record you get with artwork you dont like?... give me a break if that was the case id have quite a few "custom" covers (ie everything about the ETID box set). in all fairness doing this with test presses make sense... but not with this.

this guy can do no right with you guys, its unbelievable. first everyone bitches about how they arent getting them. then when you get them you bitch about how it looks. its simple and it looks fine! a lot of records come in just dj sleeves with stickers (and no not just dj 12"s harhar). you dont need quadruple gatefold, gold foiled covers for every release. the record will sound the same either way. are you just gonna make a new cover for every record you get with artwork you dont like?... give me a break if that was the case id have quite a few "custom" covers (ie everything about the ETID box set). in all fairness doing this with test presses make sense... but not with this.

Problem is there was an announcement of artwork when the LP was first announced, at least that was my understanding. So, that said, I think people have a right to be disappointed they paid months ago for a record that's delivered in no way.

Yeah, but dude when you take fucking 6 months to get a record out it should look like you put some effort into it. Especially for 18 bucks. These is no way this record cost more than 6 dollars each....so you figuer he's making over 100 percent profit on these and he can't even have a regular cover. I'm not wanting some elaborate packaging, fuck even the cd art w/ insert would have been great for me.

Relax homeboy. It's just some fans doing something to make a record look nice. I doubt anyone here would attempt to flip it as an "exclusive cover".

However it totally makes sense that kids are PO'ed. People ordered this record back in August for $17 and were promised, new artwork, and a limited hand numbered copy. It took 3 months to arrive and when it did the "new artwork" was a DJ sleeve with a sticker and the, number was a sharpie that is nearly altogether wasted as they had more copies than they thought and are talking about sending 200 to Virgil and giving more away.

$17 for a regular old black record in a DJ sleeve, when you were promised something else, is kind of a rip off.

Yeah, but dude when you take fucking 6 months to get a record out it should look like you put some effort into it. Especially for 18 bucks. These is no way this record cost more than 6 dollars each....so you figuer he's making over 100 percent profit on these and he can't even have a regular cover. I'm not wanting some elaborate packaging, fuck even the cd art w/ insert would have been great for me.

i can see how the price factor would come into play, but i think the long wait was due to the pressing plant messing up the tests and what not. not because the artwork was taking too long. in alll fairness i can see why people could be a little upset by this release but this guy gets waaay too much shit on this board by people who have 25 records in their collection all from VC. not all releases can be that nice and go so smoothly.