Updated Things to Expect, but we are losing it

Guest admin1338560633

Alright friends, it is times like this that I wish that the internet was a bar and all of you were sitting at a table with me having a beer so we can talk about the records that are coming in, the records that are being delayed, and the exciting things on the horizons. To try my best to get this effect, I have had a few beers (I finished a Duvel bomber and am having an Abbey, a rad Belgium beer and a rad imitation Belgium beer) and am now ready to give you the dirt on what is happening at Vinyl Collective.

We are finding it difficult to accept pre-orders and predict when those records will actually surface. In most cases, we try to set a date past the actual day that we are expecting to receive the records, but you know what? Something happens and before you know it, the intended date gets pushed back a few weeks or in some cases a month. It tears me up when this happens and usually the root of this happening is something that could have been avoided. Unfortunately, I am still learning as I go along and the end result is that some records are just taking way longer than they should. For this I apologize. The fact that the biggest spending holiday of the year is upon us makes missing these expected dates that much more of a bummer.

Below is a semi-updated Things to Expect and for the most part, it is a pretty accurate. Understand that some of the dates could get pushed back and when that happens, we will do our best to let you know. Truth is, after the holidays, Steph and I plan to take a week off from VC and plan to implement some of the things I learned in Chicago to better streamline how we do everything. We hope to focus on ways to distinguish pre-order items from in stock items and if we can do that, our sanity will stay in tact.

We appreciate everyones support throughout this crazy period of Vinyl Collective. It is an exciting time for Vinyl Collective and the growth we have been experiencing is a direct result of the support you have given us. If this website was a bar, i would surely buy all of you a beer (and Scott Heisel and the Justins, i would buy you guys a Virgin Daiquiri).

THINGS TO EXPECT

n 30 DASHBOARD CONFESSIONAL “The Shade Of Poison Trees” LP (Pumpkin Vinyl)

d 1 Converge "Petitioning Forever" dbl LP

d 3 HEAVENS "Patent Pending" LP

d 5 THE PLAYING FAVORITES "I Remember When I Was Pretty" LP

d 7 Jonbenet Ugly/Heartless LP (Colored Vinyl)

d 12 EVERY TIME I DIE "The Big Dirty" LP

d 12 MINUS THE BEAR “Highly Refined Pirates” LP

d 14? MINUS THE BEAR “Interpretaciones Del Oso” LP

d 26 SAVES THE DAY - UNDER THE BOARDS LP

dec ? Bomb the Music Industry! “To Leave or Die in Long Island” 12"

dec ? Bomb the Music Industry! “Get Warmer” LP

dec ? Bomb the Music Industry! / O Pioneers split LP 10″

j 22 DRAG THE RIVER “You Can't Live This Way” LP

j 22 SCOTT REYNOLDS AND THE STEAMING BEAST "Adventure Boy" LP

jan ? NORMA JEAN 4 x LP Vinyl Box Set

jan ? SPARTA “Threes” dbl LP

feb ? POISON THE WELL "Versions" double LP

feb ? EVERY TIME I DIE "Last Night In Town" LP

feb ? MAYLENE AND THE SONS OF DISASTER "II" LP

feb ? SEE YOU NEXT TUESDAY "Parasite" LP

future? BAD ASTRONAUT vinyl, Tim Barry/Chuck Ragan split, Ghost Buffalo vinyl, more

Guest falloutcollapse

I can't drink beer. But the important thing is that I'm super stoked that you updated this: not because I was getting antsy, but because now I can :)

Guest kingbuzzo

I'm really pumped about the Dashboard album, mostly because I want the Unlovables record I ordered with it. I'm glad Virgil is a classy guy when it comes to running this place.

You can get Yuengling in Kentucky now? Back in the day that was the standard Philly/Delaware brew. Good stuff. You couldn't even get it in Baltimore or Richmond.

I wish you could get it here. You can, however, get it in Nashville so every time I go down to visit or someone comes up, I pick up a twelve pack or two. I grew up in CT so we drank the shit out of it when we went down to Jersey.

LOVE Yuengling.