TP/PO: V/A "All Aboard: A Tribute To Johnny Cash"

Guest admin1338560633

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How much could these really go on ebay for? I mean I know its a bummer to have to resort to the bay for your black copies but giving up your collection over what I'm guessing will be like $60 at most seems like a bigger bummer than having to pay ebay prices for this.

$60 for one of the variants?

also, hit my pm back, chase!

How much could these really go on ebay for? I mean I know its a bummer to have to resort to the bay for your black copies but giving up your collection over what I'm guessing will be like $60 at most seems like a bigger bummer than having to pay ebay prices for this.

It's not even that. I started collecting Gaslight Anthem back when they first put out the album on vinyl. I bought two copies (one on each color) to support the band and planned on continuing that trend. However, with their stuff selling so insanely quick it seems like they don't need someone out their buying all the colors of their vinyl (especially when the smaller numbers out of 500 sell out in a couple hours). Sure I'd still buy their stuff, but it just seems like adding to hysteria instead of supporting a band at this point.

I could see these going for tons. There are tons of people on this board that collect Lucero, Gaslight Anthem, and Loved Ones, as well as plenty of people who collect Chuck and Jason Shevchuk stuff.

I get where you guys are coming from but it just seems like a bummer to give up on a collection. I just gave up on my New Bruises collection and I'm still bummed about it. With all those impossible variants KOD put on that split with stolen bikes ride faster I just realized that I will never get them. And a band like New Bruises isn't bound to pop up on ebay as much as say gaslight anthem is. I just know the collections not possible but I'm still so bummed that I gave up on it.

Is this really worth dismanteling collections over? First off: It's a comp. You can be really elitist and say that you don't collect comps...problem solved. Second: these will not go for much. Historically, comps stay relatively cheap on ebay.

Eh, like I said it's not just about this. It's a long growing feeling that they just don't need someone to buy all their variants. I started this collection to support the band and paying some kid $50 for a variant doesn't accomplish that. Besides with the never ending presses coming out on Gunner and XOXO of the first album I doubt I'll have enough time or interest to keep those complete.