i can has C I V I L W A R

andrew13

Seriously, why does everyone give a shit what Scott does? He, I would assume, enjoys posting on this board, and does nice things for people here like send them free tickets. Being someone in the industry, with lots of industry contacts, he probably would not want to be associated with a board overwrought with leaks.

Virgil also does not want album leaks posted here, so why can't people just get over it. There are 10,000 other sites on the internet to post leaked albums. Post them there, not here.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Question:

How is posting a link to a leak any different from giving away free concert tickets?

Scott you should stop giving out free tickets because you are taking money from bands, venues, and promoters.

The idiocy of that sentence amazes me.

It makes just as much sense as his thoughts on downloading music.

No it doesn't. Tickets are given to media outlets by the promoters of shows. Sometimes they are to be awarded in contests, sometimes they are a gift to the people who work there. They are meant to be used.

Now, if someone was photocopying tickets and giving them away, they would be doing something similar to offering a leak.

Giving away a ticket does not violate copyright.

Stop it before you look more stupid than you already do.

Question:

How is posting a link to a leak any different from giving away free concert tickets?

Scott you should stop giving out free tickets because you are taking money from bands, venues, and promoters.

this dude surely can't be serious.

o, but he canz

Isn't that what message boards are for? Arguing about shit you know absolutely nothing about.

I fail to see how downloading is any different than writing in a magazine. Like if I read the magazine and I'm like, "Oh, I can kinda understand what this band is like" and then I don't need the album. Because I can visualize it. That's just like downloading. Except I'm visualizing with the actual album.

See what I'm saying? Stop writing reviews.

i fail to see why scott can get all up in arms when we say we download something when the people who post here buy most music than 50 normal people combined. i always check out something before purchase to see if i want it or not. in the last year i've probably purchased 200 lp's/7"s/cds and downloaded around 200 also. i'd say it's about 50/50 if i buy something that i dl, mainly because the ones i don't buy sucked.

SH i don't bother with their leaks typically because nothing they really have put out lately has interested me besides LaGrecia. i've downloaded a few of the YSI links v's posted and haven't really enjoyed them besides LaGrecia, which got me to buy a copy of their LP.

fat i already buy everything they put out anyways on vinyl. asian man, AJJ and BTMI are the only bands on there that i still listen to much. No Idea's stuff seems to be hit or miss for me, so i download it all. Fat is the only label that i consistently enjoy every release anymore. Hopeless, Epitaph, AM, and a few others all used to be that way for me.

i fail to see why scott can get all up in arms when we say we download something when the people who post here buy most music than 50 normal people combined. i always check out something before purchase to see if i want it or not. in the last year i've probably purchased 200 lp's/7"s/cds and downloaded around 200 also. i'd say it's about 50/50 if i buy something that i dl, mainly because the ones i don't buy sucked.

SH i don't bother with their leaks typically because nothing they really have put out lately has interested me besides LaGrecia. i've downloaded a few of the YSI links v's posted and haven't really enjoyed them besides LaGrecia, which got me to buy a copy of their LP.

fat i already buy everything they put out anyways on vinyl. asian man, AJJ and BTMI are the only bands on there that i still listen to much. No Idea's stuff seems to be hit or miss for me, so i download it all. Fat is the only label that i consistently enjoy every release anymore. Hopeless, Epitaph, AM, and a few others all used to be that way for me.

We've already had the argument on the ethics of downloading. I'm not interested in it anymore. People were pointing out how it was silly of you to compare giving away concert tickets to downloading music.

We've already had the argument on the ethics of downloading. I'm not interested in it anymore. People were pointing out how it was silly of you to compare giving away concert tickets to downloading music.

Want to talk about flipping? That's a subject that's always fresh and full of intelligent statements.

Want to talk about flipping? That's a subject that's always fresh and full of intelligent statements.

I often flip my photocopied concert tickets to help offset bandwidth costs from all the music I download.

Relapsed Alcatholic

This Stinking Ship

Live at Budokan!

Royalty checks won't keep you warm at at night, but they will pay the heat bills

The Kids Will Eat This Shit Up

(THE SINGLE)

The Only Thing Worse Than Having A Neckbeard Is Naming It Scott Heisel

smartpeoplekeepaneyeontheircalendar

Off With Our Style, Off With Their Cred

The Last Temptation of The Paddy

BitTorrent at 33rpm

End Hits (wasn't that good of a Fugazi album anyways)