Happy 9/11!

mattramone

I disagree with the anti-this thread sentiment.

Not that losing lives isn't terrible, but do you have to be so serious about it? Death happens. Friends die. I've lost some too, and while you're sad about the loss, what can you do? Why be miserable about it for the rest of your life?

Since the Holocaust was mentioned already, one of my favorite quotes is from a primary source on the Holocaust where a Jewish girl's babysitter said, "If you find nothing else funny in life, at least you can laugh at yourself." Why not laugh at it? It's not helping the situation, no, but it's not hurting it either.

I laugh at myself all the time, but there's a difference between myself and others laughing at the stupid things I do and thousands of people dying misreable and painful deaths. The Darwin Awards are funny, recognizing morons who did things so stupid that it results in their deaths. But when innocent people (please let's not turn this into a "no one is truly innocent" debate too) just show up to work or board a plane and die like that, I don't find that the slightest bit funny.

So mope about it for the rest of eternity. I'm not saying you have to laugh at it and make jokes, but what's the harm in doing so?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I laugh at myself all the time, but there's a difference between myself and others laughing at the stupid things I do and thousands of people dying misreable and painful deaths. The Darwin Awards are funny, recognizing morons who did things so stupid that it results in their deaths. But when innocent people (please let's not turn this into a "no one is truly innocent" debate too) just show up to work or board a plane and die like that, I don't find that the slightest bit funny.

So mope about it for the rest of eternity. I'm not saying you have to laugh at it and make jokes, but what's the harm in doing so?

I'm also not moping. You're responses are failing. I disagree with making a joke out of this. End of story. You all can carry on all you like, but I, and several others, do not find it funny. I am in no way trying to censor what's going on. I'm not calling for a thread to be deleted. I chose to express my opinion. I'm still allowed to express my opinions and give reasons for those opinions, yes? Good. Then end the debate. You think it's funny. I don't. Enough said.

Go join the army.

Thousands of people die everyday from things that are completely preventable and it goes unnoticed.

Just relax and enjoy life. If this thread isn't it than get lost, unless your happiness is just making a fuss and arguing.

Go join the army or at the very least start a remembrance thread.

For your listening pleasure, Fuck World Trade!

Scabies and metal heads,

born in the gutter, and chained to the radiator of a squat basement for 16 years

We are proud to announce the triumph return, the thunderous cacophony,

the CRACK ROCK STEADY BEAT!

As the same bitches that brought you the tower tumbling, Mediocre Generica, on 9-11-01

As the same mother fuckers that united the Gay Rudies,

Rock crack city!

And sainted the Columbine kids,..we are pleased to present...

FROM ALL THE WAY IN THE BACK OF THE FOOD STAMP LINE!

AND STRAIGHT OUTTA MOTHERFUCKING REHAB!

IT'S THE GOOD, THE BAD,

AND THE LEFTOVER CRACK!!!!!

I believe you mean Shoot The Kids At School.

Nah, he was right...Mediocre Generica was to be released on 9-11-01...was it actually released that day?

it was, then it was pulled i believe. one of the many reasons they were pissed at hellcat/epitaph if i remember this one interview i read right.

I believe you mean Shoot The Kids At School.

Nah, he was right...Mediocre Generica was to be released on 9-11-01...was it actually released that day?

It was actually supposed to be called STKAS, but the people at the pressing plant objected and Timmy Armstrong wasn't going to go to bat for a band that wouldn't sell that well, hence the sarcastic new title.

It was actually supposed to be called STKAS, but the people at the pressing plant objected and Timmy Armstrong wasn't going to go to bat for a band that wouldn't sell that well, hence the sarcastic new title.

I never knew that...makes sense.