Chuck Ragan/Austin Lucas record announced

kyle

Chuck and Austin have both been talking about doing a record together but its finally been recorded and announced. No word yet on whether or not there will be a vinyl version.

New record just recorded by Chuck Ragan and Austin Lucas entitled “Bristle Ridge”

Hello friends! I just arrived home from this past November from another run of east and west coast shows supporting “Feast or Famine.” I want to thank everyone for coming out to show your support! It was a blast. For those of you who couldn’t make it out and aren’t aware as of yet, I’ve just completed a new record with some great friends. After the west coast run, Jon Gaunt and I teamed up with Austin Lucas, his father Bob Lucas, and Bass fiddle man Digger Barnes. Together we hit it off from the start and comprised a solid record of 12 numbers. What we came up with was a great and special moment unexpected by all of us there. Austin and I have planned this project for sometime now, even though this record is considered a split collaboration between all of us involved. The songs consist of 3 Chuck Ragan originals, 3 Austin Lucas originals, 3 Ragan/Lucas originals, 1 original by Bob Lucas, and 2 old time standards called Darling Corey and Distant Land To Roam. The entire record has a very strong sense of bluegrass, folk and old time gospel with a certain feel of exactly where we were and what was going on when we layed it down. Which was a group of strangers coming together to enjoy good food and music up in the hills on the highest point of Ohio for a week and leaving as friends by the end. We recorded this session at Bob Lucas and Laura Gayle’s home on top of Bristle Ridge in Zanesfield, Ohio. It was truly a sight and time to remember and we owe these kindred spirits for this great memory! My wife Jill and I have decided to take a leap of faith and release this record ourselves. It’s most definitely something intimidating for us but very exciting as well. Since we’ve been looking forward to doing this for quite some time we’ll be doing everything in our power to get this record distributed properly and in your hands soon. Thanks again to all of you who have backed us on these past shows as well as on this project! We’re all really looking forward to sharing with you something that we’ve all become extremely proud of! Thanks for your time! We’ll be in touch!

The Ragans

I will see about trying to get some copies of this. I am working with the label that put out the chuck / austin split 7" and shoudl have copies coming in soon. STay tuned!

I will see about trying to get some copies of this. I am working with the label that put out the chuck / austin split 7" and shoudl have copies coming in soon. STay tuned!

That would be kick ass, I feel bad for people that paid $20+ for this.

There are people who have paid $50+ for the Chuck/Austin split!