religion paper

Nick Heitman

Religion

9/15/08

The sexual issue that seems to be most important to teenagers is having sex. Many teenagers worry about when they are going to have sex. Also, pregnancy is a huge issue that many teenagers find very interesting to talk about. Some other important things kids seem to think about are sexually transmitted diseases, such as AIDS. Many teenagers nowadays also try to have sex at any cost.

There is a different perception between boys and girls and their opinions on sex. Most girls seem to care more about the person and the relationship, and less about the actual act. Boys, however, seem to only want to have sex, as if they could live off of sex for the rest of their lives. It doesn’t help that many musical rap artists, like Lil Wayne, encourage the act with lyrics like, “She lick me like a lollipop (yeah).” This, I feel, just encourages the act and makes teenagers think it’s unimportant. Guys don’t really care if they get girls pregnant, and neither do girls now with all these abortions.

Overall, I think sex should be taken more seriously than how most teenagers make it out to be. Sexually transmitted diseases can mess up your life, and someone else’s if you ever decide to have sex again. That’s why I think most people should wait until they are married to have sex. That way it will avoid diseases and those two people will be happy, forever, together.

i officially do not give a fuck anymore

Don't put spaces between paragraphs, and indent your paragraphs.

And is the paper on sex or religion?

i put spaces in between to take up space on the page. and they were indented, but when i pasted it didn't do it. it's for religion class, but it's about sex. so i just sorta ranted

In high school I wrote a paper saying I was unique because I was raised by polar bears.

Also, for my senior english class we had to write a paper on Macbeth and then later on Catch 22, but they were basically the same prompt so I just wrote the Macbeth paper over again. My teacher wasn't as into it as I thought she'd be.

What are religion classes like at public schools? I went to a private school, so we pretty much learned Christianity and why not to trick-or-treat.

i go to private school. we haven't really got to trick-or-treating yet. they will probably talk about it on halloween, but i'll be too busy festing hopefully

I went to a catholic high school for freshman and sophomore year, and I was actually pleasantly surprised that in 10th grade religion we focused on religions religions that weren't Christianity. While it was a bit disappointing that this only consisted of Islam and Judaism, I was still happy they taught other things.

^^ Same here , I went to private school from K-12th. Getting religion pounded into your brain for 13 years can really make you resent it!

same for me.

the only kind of legit religion class i took was a world religions class, which was hectic as all hell. we didn't get to go too much on catholicism (though we spent years learning about it), and spent too much time on buddhism (my teacher is a buddhist). it was only a semester long, but it should have been two semesters long.

you need another paragraph like this:

We should all follow Jesus' example. I mean, we all know he was hot, he would have never had that many followers if he looked like Janet Reno. I bet jesus could have got tons of tail. Plus he hung around whores all day, and we know they put out. But jesus resisted temptation.

and then his dad killed him.

the end.

you need another paragraph like this:

We should all follow Jesus' example. I mean, we all know he was hot, he would have never had that many followers if he looked like Janet Reno. I bet jesus could have got tons of tail. Plus he hung around whores all day, and we know they put out. But jesus resisted temptation.

and then his dad killed him.

the end.

Jesus = Marvin Gaye?

var ads = new Array("300x250-1.png","300x250-2.png","300x250-3.png");

var num = Math.floor(Math.random()*ads.length);

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

{

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

document.write('+':2ecdga6d]ProBoards Free Forums');

else

document.write('+':2ecdga6d]ProBoards Free Forums');

}

else

{

document.write('ProBoards Free Forums');

}

ProBoards Free Forums

wow, i to was forced into religion for most of my life. wonder if that has caused any issue with tight collars and beaded necklaces. hey yo, mcm1610, for the most part the response of high school students is very very straight forward, write down what you read type stuff. Did you check out the NYS english regents this year? only towards the end of junior/senior year do they start engaging in opinion/discussion. or at least that's all i've seen from my experience.

I haven't heard or seen anything about the English Regents, but I can imagine it was a joke. Those tests are so easy it baffles me when people fail them.

I hope to be teaching 11th/12th graders so I hope I can get them to actually think about and argue things. I'd like to teach AP classes, but I don't expect to get hired right into that. I'm doing most of my observation hours and my first round of Student Teaching with an 11th grade US History teacher, so I'm kind of excited about that. Cheektowaga Central, whatwhat.

haha, yeah, ain't that funny? i recall things being more difficult when i was in school, but isn't that so typical to think?

oo man, you haven't done your student teaching yet? im so sorry man... im serious too, that was the worst time in my life. its fucking slave labor! But, i was well prepared for the real thing after. good luck! let me know if ya need any help bro, but judging by my writing, i hope you can take that im no english(or history) teacher.

Agree. I was going to ask when they start teaching to argue in papers rather than just report things, mostly because I am trying to be a high school teacher and need to know what to expect, but also because I don't think that was the best paper it could be.

Have you encountered anyone that's been to the rubber room?

Don't know what the rubber room is.

i heard about it on a "this american life" episode and pretty much it is a place where they send teachers who they don't want to fire but don't want near their kids. One guy threw a chair in his classroom and the next thing they sent him to the "rubber room". It is a holding area and he showed up there everyday for 6 months or something and just got payed to sit around. He said he encountered people that had been there for 2 years. I guess it was/is somewhat common in the NYC area.

Don't know what the rubber room is.

i heard about it on a "this american life" episode and pretty much it is a place where they send teachers who they don't want to fire but don't want near their kids. One guy threw a chair in his classroom and the next thing they sent him to the "rubber room". It is a holding area and he showed up there everyday for 6 months or something and just got payed to sit around. He said he encountered people that had been there for 2 years. I guess it was/is somewhat common in the NYC area.

NEAT!