Best tour that you regret not seeing

311thrice

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 chances to be disappointed. Unless Fat Mike can stay at least half-sober.

yeah i was gonna say, prepare to be underwhelmed.

dillinger four are opening those shows though. my girlfriend and i are going for D4 then taking off. i've seen noxf enough times to know they are shit live. sadly it's going to be the first time D4 have played in toronto in something like 5 years.

yeah i was gonna say, prepare to be underwhelmed.

dillinger four are opening those shows though. my girlfriend and i are going for D4 then taking off. i've seen noxf enough times to know they are shit live. sadly it's going to be the first time D4 have played in toronto in something like 5 years.

they play Chicago pretty often...worth the 5+ hour drive from Toronto.

Two major ones come to mind. Around 1994, a bunch of people asked if I wanted to go to a Soul Asylum concert. Black Gold? Runaway Train? No thanks. I find out later that the Goo Goo Dolls were opening, which happened to be my favorite band touring for what's my favorite album. Concerts sucked before the internet, I never knew when someone was touring.

I also missed Fugazi playing at Kent State in 1998. My buddy was a diehard fan and played them non-stop. I was slowly getting into the band through him and told him I'd go to the show with him. He'd recently had a kid and decided not to go. I didn't realize what I was missing at the time. Damn.

what does no knife sound like scott?

Angular, cutting emo-punk with a clever pop edge from San Diego that a billion bands rip off nowadays without even knowing it. They've been defunct for a few years but there's a bunch of MP3s from their last two records on their website:

http://thejadeshader.com/noknife/downloads.html

Also, supposedly they're going to start playing shows again but they announced that in March and nothing has been realized yet.

Angular, cutting emo-punk with a clever pop edge from San Diego that a billion bands rip off nowadays without even knowing it. They've been defunct for a few years but there's a bunch of MP3s from their last two records on their website:

Also, supposedly they're going to start playing shows again but they announced that in March and nothing has been realized yet.

Back when I used to trade bootleg VHS concerts, somebody threw in a couple No Knife shows and demanded I listen to them. I never did, maybe I should. I forgot all about them.

I remember when I was in 8th grade, 2000 I believe, I was going to see The Get Up Kids with Alkaline trio and The Appleseed Cast but it had sold out by the time my mom brought me to get tickets. She felt bad because I was dyyying to go. I ended up getting to see The Get Up Kids a couple months later with Saves the Day and Hot Rod Circuit, so all was not lost.

I regret not going to see Boy Sets Fire the last time they played Seattle. they hadn't broken up yet and the rest of the tour wasn't very good from what I remembered and I was like "Oh I'll see them next time they come". a few months later they were done. Lame. I did this same thing with Hot Rod Circuit. I also regret not having any money the last two times Boys Night Out came. Probably won't ever play a show again.

when I read the initial question, first thing that popped into my head was "Angular Emo Rock"...excellent description sir