NHL Discussion

I'm not sure how I feel about the jackets being a buyer. getting rid of a first rounder to basically secure eighth place? I don't see the point, but then again not all first rounders pan out, especially ours.

I was so excited for there to be no trade drama dealing with the jackets this year...now I literally can't stop refreshing twitter, reddit, etc. waiting for something to happen. is it wednesday yet

I'm not sure how I feel about the jackets being a buyer. getting rid of a first rounder to basically secure eighth place? I don't see the point, but then again not all first rounders pan out, especially ours.

I was so excited for there to be no trade drama dealing with the jackets this year...now I literally can't stop refreshing twitter, reddit, etc. waiting for something to happen. is it wednesday yet

Even with LA doing what they did last year and the recent success of some low seeded teams I agree with your first statement. Just making the playoffs is sometimes the worst thing for a team. You are stuck in this spot where guys don't want to come to a "winner" and you are not a big enough loser to get rewarded in the draft.

Seriously though, Dubinsky has been missed. His chemistry with the team, his toughness, his heart. Its missed so much. I can get rid of Gaborik to get that back. We have Nash and we did pretty well without him, replacing Gaborik for this post season with him? Ill do it in a heart beat. And if that means getting back a guy who is clearly missed in the organization like Dubes, Ill do it in a heartbeat. Oh and we get a first rounder. If anyone can make that trade happen, its Sather

Remember when you didn't think the Penguins could trade for Iginla?

Yeah but that was for cap reasons/lack of trade chips. I even said that they wouldnt trade anyone on their team currently, because the chemistry is too good. And I was right. I didnt think the Flames would take package like that from Pitt for him.

i love him, probably one of my favorite players on the team, and he's only 2 points behind Stamkos, and 12 behind Crosby.  Crosby had plates put on his jaw, it is not wired shut.  the doctor who performed the procedure has done this to players in the minors, and they went back out to play the next day.  Not sayin Crosby will do that, his injury was more than just a broken jaw, but loss of teeth and swelling of the tissue, but I would not be surprised if he came back in a couple weeks, right before the playoffs.  he's on a liquid, high carb diet, so they're saying he probably wont lose all that much mass, if any, Big Ben of the Steelers had the same procedure in 2006 and didnt miss a practice in training camp that summer.  (granted, NFL preseason does not equal to NHL (post)season in terms of phyiscality) but it would not surprise me at all if he came back to practice next week... the kid is insane.

Looks like Dal also gets D prospect Kevin Connauton

He's going to be a sturdy shut down D-man, but we're deep at defence.  There was no room for him to come into the lineup.  Tanev sort of overstepped him to get into the lineup.  Our top 4 guys are all locked up long term, so he was definitly on the outside looking in.