NHL Discussion

thing is with cooke, it was dirty as hell and should have been suspended, but he could appeal and get it overturned in a blink of an eye. richards hit was identical and got nothing, so in light of that and the rulebook, they couldn't have suspended cooke.

puck daddy on yahoo has a good(bad?) list of 9 dirty/dangerous plays/hits ovie's done in the last few years. guy is out of control. and lets not forget, he brags about driving 180 miles an hour on the freeways around DC, having sex with random chicks before the games to calm him down, and shoved a female fan at the olympics and smashed her camera and a reporters camera.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/What-We-Learned-As-pattern-persists-what-to-do?urn=nhl,227983

lapierre got 4 games, ovechkin only got 2? it was the exact same hit, that is such bullshit.

did lapierre have more than two previous game misconducts? thats the only reason I can think that he got more than ovie, the fact that he was more of a repeat offender. but I dont know the full details about lapierre's season, so i could be wrong

Ovie is becoming a wrestling heel. He's just going to be the Anti-Crosby.

Excellent analogy.

This statement immediately make me think of Larry Bird and Magic Johnson. Look at what those two did for basketball. Hopefully the Ovechkin/Crosby can be a similar blessing for the NHL.

I'm Team Ovechkin, personally. The phenom/bruiser hybrid players have always had the most appeal to me. Guys like Clark, Lindros, Messier. They'll knock you on your ass or put one top shelf if you blink for a second. He's undoubtedly reckless and apparently undisciplined (something that needs to be coached out of him there, eh Washington..?), but I have the utmost admiration and respect for the his skill level and his brand of hockey. His off ice shit doesn't interest me. If I was a PR guy or Jim Rome, I'd tell him to knock that shit off. But I'm neither.

Shifting gears, Steven Stamkos, quietly, is a couple good shifts away from the goal scoring title. Pheonix, as pointed out, is quietly and unexpectedly having a fantastic season as well. Would be fun if they pulled a Tampa Bay and had a go of it.

Excellent analogy.

This statement immediately make me think of Larry Bird and Magic Johnson. Look at what those two did for basketball. Hopefully the Ovechkin/Crosby can be a similar blessing for the NHL.

I'm Team Ovechkin, personally. The phenom/bruiser hybrid players have always had the most appeal to me. Guys like Clark, Lindros, Messier. They'll knock you on your ass or put one top shelf if you blink for a second. He's undoubtedly reckless and apparently undisciplined (something that needs to be coached out of him there, eh Washington..?), but I have the utmost admiration and respect for the his skill level and his brand of hockey. His off ice shit doesn't interest me. If I was a PR guy or Jim Rome, I'd tell him to knock that shit off. But I'm neither.

Shifting gears, Steven Stamkos, quietly, is a couple good shifts away from the goal scoring title. Pheonix, as pointed out, is quietly and unexpectedly having a fantastic season as well. Would be fun if they pulled a Tampa Bay and had a go of it.

I was really looking forward to watching Stamkos yesterday when the Pens played the "Bolts" but he disappeared. He was invisible out there.

He does look like big bird though, much more than Jordan Staal does.

Excellent analogy.

Wendel Clark is god, Messier is is up there on my list, but Lindros will never ever get respect from me for pulling that shit in quebec.

i wish i could see this board at work, i love talking hockey but im restricted to 5 PM - 7:30 AM :(

I feel like the yotes are going to be good for a bit now, losing year after year has sort of stockpiled them with good/decent AHL players, gotta get lucky with a few of them, right? even with a bust of ownership and living in a blackhole for hockey, they've managed to put together a good team.

i wish i could see this board at work, i love talking hockey but im restricted to 5 PM - 7:30 AM :(

I feel like the yotes are going to be good for a bit now, losing year after year has sort of stockpiled them with good/decent AHL players, gotta get lucky with a few of them, right? even with a bust of ownership and living in a blackhole for hockey, they've managed to put together a good team.

I don't know, the Yotes core group is older. Jovanovski, Doan, Aucoin, and Lang are all older.

I don't know, the Yotes core group is older. Jovanovski, Doan, Aucoin, and Lang are all older.

I was shocked when I saw Jovanovski's name showing up in boxscores this year. I figured he was retired and gone after the strike. He's old but I guess not as old as I would have assumed.

lapierre got 4 games, ovechkin only got 2? it was the exact same hit, that is such bullshit.

did lapierre have more than two previous game misconducts? thats the only reason I can think that he got more than ovie, the fact that he was more of a repeat offender. but I dont know the full details about lapierre's season, so i could be wrong

lapierre never got any suspension games before. ovechkin got suspended how many times before this season, like 3-4 times? and now he gets out with this one again. colin campbell is seriously a retard. oh well, probably some sort of favouritism, cause he's an ''all-star'' they can't punish him like a 'normal' nhl player?