Amazing bullshit w/ Bank of America

Um, this is a legit fee, because banks only conduct business on BUSINESS DAYS, which are not the weekend.

That being said, many years ago I overdrew my checking account a few times, and each time managed to get them to use a "one-time only" fee reversal thing. Awesome phone skills!

maybe it's cuz it's bank of america, but i've paid discover and american express on saturdays (the due date) and they went through just fine

I agree. I mean if you're paying BofA with their own system there's no reason for fees. They can see when you tried to pay it. It just posted on Monday. Its pretty weak they won't waive the fee at least partially. If you had mailed it I could see an issue. If you had used another bank's bill pay I would see it as well. But using their own system and not even "paying" the bill but transferring money seems like the fee is pretty egregious.

i had this same problem with BofA awhile back except it was due to a holiday. i called 'em up and argued to get the fee taken off which they did.

or if youre ballsy and have good credit, you could probably go for broke and tell them if they dont take it off you want to cancel the card. i highly doubt they'd call your bluff as they never want to lose a customer.

i had this same problem with BofA awhile back except it was due to a holiday. i called 'em up and argued to get the fee taken off which they did.

or if youre ballsy and have good credit, you could probably go for broke and tell them if they dont take it off you want to cancel the card. i highly doubt they'd call your bluff as they never want to lose a customer.

Yea, that's the route I take when I'm annoyed with credit card companies. Just tell them you want to cancel, and they'll jump through hoops for you, asking what you're unhappy about, then they'll throw some new offers out at you to keep you there.

lmao thats the standard for any bank. you should read the banks policy before signing up for it.

No, actually its not the standard.

bank of america...."higher standards"

i always loved when people berated me with what they "knew" they are entitled to like as if this whole "first time we waive it no questions asks" is commonplace within bank of america.

read your terms of agreement letters and if you dont like what it says then cancel, opt out, and go find another bank. once you start using it you agree to those policies. all the literature is out there for you, the bank really isnt withholding anything from you. i

i would be the worst employee to have in the rentention dept. i'd cancel nearly each account that came my way for the bitchy people who seek out their entitlement.

wow, each time i talk about that place it makes me that much happier im not there anymore.

bitter party of 1.

i always loved when people berated me with what they "knew" they are entitled to like as if this whole "first time we waive it no questions asks" is commonplace within bank of america.

read your terms of agreement letters and if you dont like what it says then cancel, opt out, and go find another bank. once you start using it you agree to those policies. all the literature is out there for you, the bank really isnt withholding anything from you. i

i would be the worst employee to have in the rentention dept. i'd cancel nearly each account that came my way for the bitchy people who seek out their entitlement.

wow, each time i talk about that place it makes me that much happier im not there anymore.

bitter party of 1.

amen, p.s. love the fucking fur pouch....

bitter party of 1.

Fact remains if you pay a bank through their own site before the due date they should honor the payment regardless of anything else. Both my American Express and Providian (now JP Morgan from WaMu from Providian) cards do just that.

By the way, I LOVE-LOVE-LOVE calling that bluff.

favorite call of the day.