Amazing bullshit w/ Bank of America

So I paid my Bank of America credit card online by transferring funds from my Bank of America bank account on Saturday when the bill was due on Sunday.

Apparently the bank's computers get saturday off too because the funds didn't transfer till Monday and I got hit with a 35$ late charge. What a fucking load of shit.

Guest baseball

Most kinds of electronic money transfer generally take more than a day to complete. Sometimes it will be immediate if you're moving money in person at your bank. If you have any kind of documentation from your bank it probably specifies in there.

When I go to pay my credit card online it actually tells me the time period before I hit submit.

So I paid my Bank of America credit card online by transferring funds from my Bank of America bank account on Saturday when the bill was due on Sunday.

Apparently the bank's computers get saturday off too because the funds didn't transfer till Monday and I got hit with a 35$ late charge. What a fucking load of shit.

I'd be willing to bet if this is the first time this kind of thing has happened to you and you've had the card for a while, they'll waive the fee.

Dude, not to belittle your issues but I thought this was about BofA folding like other banks and I nearly shit myself.

If BoA takes a shit that's a bad, bad sign. They're suppose to be, along with Wells Fargo and a few other banks much, much better off than the general market. They stand to gain a ton under certain circumstances.

yea if you have a credit card payment due on either a saturday or sunday aka non business day and do not submit your payment by 3pm est with online banking then it won't go through until monday and you will be hit with the charge.

i worked as a bofa for about 6 months doing the customer service stuff with credit cards and hated life. if you call and explain what happened they might wave the charge but you never know. just dont go into the conversation saying that they have to. it all depends on the mood of the rep you get on the phone. if youre rude you wont be getting anything back. they'll just tell you its in the terms of agreement letter you received when the account started. unless youre a "valued" customer with the bank we aint doing shit for you.

ill give you the rundown how this call went

"hi i made my payment on sunday because i used online banking on saturday"

"i apologize for the inconvenience mr. _____ but that is a valid fee"

when i was working there we were only supposed to waive 10-15% of fees each month. once you go over that it goes against the incentive program we had. the reps dont have to waive a single thing unless it was a bank error and unfortunately in this case its not. i used to deal with this exact call around 50 times each monday i worked. id say maybe 2 or 3 would get there fees waived and thats really only when they have many many big accounts with the bank.

gotta love the fee happy bank of america but really in this case of online banking its all said when you sign up for your account.

haha without giving out any names i know we have one bank of america team manager on this board. i still have no clue how he does it.

when i was working there we were only supposed to waive 10-15% of fees each month. once you go over that it goes against the incentive program we had. the reps dont have to waive a single thing unless it was a bank error and unfortunately in this case its not. i used to deal with this exact call around 50 times each monday i worked. id say maybe 2 or 3 would get there fees waived and thats really only when they have many many big accounts with the bank.

gotta love the fee happy bank of america but really in this case of online banking its all said when you sign up for your account.

haha without giving out any names i know we have one bank of america team manager on this board. i still have no clue how he does it.

=))

=))

i hope you keep things in tradition with my previous managers there and refuse to take any sup calls. i know you cant be as clueless as the 5 managers i had in my 6 months.

Um, this is a legit fee, because banks only conduct business on BUSINESS DAYS, which are not the weekend.

That being said, many years ago I overdrew my checking account a few times, and each time managed to get them to use a "one-time only" fee reversal thing. Awesome phone skills!

I'd agree except when a bank advertises their "online bill pay" and it's a within bank transaction you'd think they'd have an automated service that could transfer funds within their own system. I mean shit, computers don't get weekends off.

Um, this is a legit fee, because banks only conduct business on BUSINESS DAYS, which are not the weekend.

That being said, many years ago I overdrew my checking account a few times, and each time managed to get them to use a "one-time only" fee reversal thing. Awesome phone skills!

maybe it's cuz it's bank of america, but i've paid discover and american express on saturdays (the due date) and they went through just fine