Against Me - New Wave question

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The difference is that "Goes Around" is encapsulated perfectly in a thematic album. "Cry Me a River" was a little too, "this is a song about Britteny fucking me over" but the whole last JT album flowed so well and seemed like such a complete piece of work that "Goes

Around" comes off as the better song to me....I'm gonna stop before my wife becomes my beard.

i agree -- but i still think "cry me a river" is a better song. it still floors me every time i listen to it.

i'm totally throwing on both lps tomorrow.

Guest kingbuzzo

dude, that JT song is just a cheap try at making another "Cry Me a River" - now THAT song is amazing....agreed on the since u been gone though

The difference is that "Goes Around" is encapsulated perfectly in a thematic album. "Cry Me a River" was a little too, "this is a song about Britteny fucking me over" but the whole last JT album flowed so well and seemed like such a complete piece of work that "Goes Around" comes off as the better song to me....I'm gonna stop before my wife becomes my beard.

I agree with this wholeheartedly. I like JT's first solo album but FutureSex/LoveSounds is amazing. I think there's one song I don't like a lot and even that's grown on me.

Oh, and I think New Wave is pretty good on the whole. The only song I don't care for is Borne on the FM Waves of My Heart. It disrupts my enjoyment of the album completely. I think The Ocean is an amazing song.

Kyle, that would be insane if AM! dropped an epic album next, a la London Calling. I could see it happening. They're finding themselves and their sound. Plus, all this time on the road has to have some rage pent up in them that is just going to explode in the studio. I can't say I dislike New Wave, thought I did at first, it just left me wanting more. Not really more music, but more substance. It was lacking that fist-raising, teeth-gritting anthem that the other albums have, and RAR is made mostly of. I like the album, aside from a few tracks, but to me it wasn't a punk album. It's a rock album. At the same time, though, I'm probably in the minority when I say that As The Eternal Cowboy is my favorite AM! album. I like it better than RAR.

Kyle, that would be insane if AM! dropped an epic album next, a la London Calling. I could see it happening. They're finding themselves and their sound. Plus, all this time on the road has to have some rage pent up in them that is just going to explode in the studio. I can't say I dislike New Wave, thought I did at first, it just left me wanting more. Not really more music, but more substance. It was lacking that fist-raising, teeth-gritting anthem that the other albums have, and RAR is made mostly of. I like the album, aside from a few tracks, but to me it wasn't a punk album. It's a rock album. At the same time, though, I'm probably in the minority when I say that As The Eternal Cowboy is my favorite AM! album. I like it better than RAR.

I'm with you, man. ATEC is my favouite Against Me! album.

At the same time, though, I'm probably in the minority when I say that As The Eternal Cowboy is my favorite AM! album. I like it better than RAR.

I actually got into them back in 2001 when I heard Crime at my buddy's house. I should say that RAR or one of the early EPs is my favorite, but thats not the case. IMO, Searching For a Former Clarity is probably their best record. I used to think ATEC was their weakest, but I'm starting to enjoy it more and more again (I think I didn't like it because the bulk of the AM! shows I have seen were in the Eternal Cowboy days and I grew sick of seeing them play Rice and Bread and Turn Those Angry Fists...).

As The Eternal Cowboy is the one I listen to the most but Searching For A Former Clarity is probably the own I listen to the most.

cocaine's a helluvuh druug :o

WOOOOOW!! What the fuck am I doing!?

I was trying to say the I listen to ATEC the most often. BUT I enjoy SFAFC the most.

Jesus...fuck me.