*Updated 1/3*Pre-order Heavens Spraypainted Cover

[image]

Update 1/3

Ok, so I got the covers in yesterday. They've got a gloss on them that is a pain in the ass to spraypaint, but we've made a work around so no worries. I'm getting spraypaint tomorrow. This is the test run on the final covers. Hope you like it. I'm doing another test tomorrow to see if it'll work w/ silver background, red people, black details or if that will just look weird.

Heres the hippy psychedelic green red cover.

[image]

[image]

I'll end up with one or two extra covers, but I wont know exact numbers until they're all made. If you didn't get one and want one keep your eyes peeled and I'll post when I've got exact numbers. If you haven't paid you should have gotten a PM from me. If you did pay and you got a pm its because you didn't put your screen name in your paypal payment. Woot. Hope you like the direction these are going.

PAST UPDATES IF YOU STILL WANT TO READ THEM

This is what it will look like, with a little less overspray. (I think some overspray looks cool so there is gonna be some.)

I'm going to order fresh blank lp covers from jackets unlimited so these will look nice.

These are the people who've put in request for a record.

skumbucket

destroyingthescene

akross

troymess

xunspokenliesx

sgoodcore

scottheisel

scriptedrain

mediocore

dante3000

rivalcycle

kirbypuckett

jhulud

ben

supermandre

magalvsr13

googlemyass

cadetapplesauce

kjm23

aws

lechevre

stefan

decibel120

burntwolf 2xcopies

randysxe

If you are not on this list and want to be please send me a PM before Thursday.

Once the jackets are here it will take me two days to make them. Then I'll have a packing party and get them out within a day or two after that.

Shipping is going to be the final rub. I have no idea how to get these out. I have about 22-24 lp mailers so that wont be much of a problem, and I've got a few more records coming in the next week (cross fingers) so I should have enough for everyone. Does anyone have an idea of how much each of these will cost to ship? I imagine not much since they're light as fuck, but has anyone got a good idea? I'm thinking shipping will probably be 2 dollars per cover, if someone can correct me please do.

So at the moment cost is looking like 5 bucks to cover a)time, B) materials, c) shipping and d) paypal fees.

If you just cannot afford 5 bucks PM me.

Final detail.

Do you want these to be green and red or do you want them to be another color. Doing the silver spraypaint background with black details doesn't work because its a two layer stencil, and it'd be a stupid amount of paint.

If you'd like I can do them

Red w/ black details or Green w/ red details

These two combinations work really well together and look awesome. Please let me know here what you think about everything.

ALSO IF YOU WANT MORE THAN ONE COPY

Tell me how many copies you want in your paypal order.

Also please send 6 or 7$ as opposed to five if you want like 2 or three copies of the thing to cover extra shipping weight and time.

REMEMBER to put your user name in your paypal order somewhere. I dont know most of your real names.

Update. As of Thursday night he following people have paid for their Heavens covers.

Locuststar

scottheisel

edgeguy1

perk900

dante3000

roadmonkey

roebot

ihprstl

skumbucket

I need two more people to pay to cover costs of stuff when I order tomorrow. Thanks for the excitement people seem to have for this project! Merry Christmas! Also I'll post pictures of the back cover stencil when i'm done.

Also if you live over seas, make your paypal $7. I've thought about it and I figure thats nice round number. If I end up finding out that shipping to your respective lands is only a few cents more (doubt it) I'll figure out something nice to do with the extra dollar. Maybe buy a slice and show you pictures of me eating it. :)

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few questions:

1. Are you going to do a back cover (tracklisting or anything)?

2. Can you number them? I know, I'm a nerd.

3. Are you going to include the paper sleeve from each LP cover? Otherwise I have no way of protecting the record, I doubt the DJ sleeve would fit into it...

A few questions:

3. Are you going to include the paper sleeve from each LP cover? Otherwise I have no way of protecting the record, I doubt the DJ sleeve would fit into it...

a back cover would be rad...so would numbering it...i also wondered about the dj sleeve not fitting

A few questions:

1. At the very least I'm going to write out the track listing on the back and add some form of art. Since I'm going to have a week or before the jackets/sleeves will be here I'll probably put together another stencil for the back of the record because making this one was so much fun.

2. These will all be hand numbered.

3. Yep, I'm going to order paper sleeves when I order the jackets. Does anyone know of anyone who sells paper sleeves cheaper than Bags Unlimited?

nice. could you possibly do black w/ red detail?

The problem with black w/ red detail is the red doesn't really show up against the black that well. I'll see if I can figure something out.

ALSO IF YOU WANT MORE THAN ONE COPY

Tell me how many copies you want in your paypal order.

Also please send 6 or 7$ as opposed to five if you want like 2 or three copies of the thing to cover extra shipping weight and time.

If you do a stencil for the back, you can always put a blank space and then /1000 or /100 I can't remember what it is and the owner of the record can sharpie in their own number. Or you could number the sleeves. I should've bought this record.

The /1000 or /100 would depend on where you bought it from.

Mine is VC 37/100, but someone else may have 521/1000...

I was thinking just some blank space below the sleeve number to write in the record number would be cool.

These look great! I can't wait to get mine.

As far as colors I'd prefer black with red detail or vice versa, however, I'm also cool with the green/red you have in the photo, it's perfect for the holiday season! haha

Anyways, I'd really like to see them numbered as well and cheers for including a sleeve.

I'll be paypal'ing you my money tonight!