new apple laptops today....

Anyone else been wanting to blow a bunch of money on shiny new electronics? Today apple is showing off some new goodies. You can kind of watch here, AKA read. http://live.gizmodo.com/

should be interesting. I can't afford anything right now, but it means a bunch of yuppies will be selling off their old laptops at screaming rates to get the new ones, which is the kind of things I can afford..

Guest conoley
Don't buy first iteration Apple products! ;)

This is the best advice anyone could ever receive. So many 1st gen Apple products are junk.

What about "Wear a condom?"

I'm wondering if this new case design will make it harder to replace the insides? I know some of the early iBooks and powerbook are a bitch to replace the HD's, optical drives, etc. They've made this easier since those ones, but a one piece case, shit!

"Battery and hard drive will be easily accessible from the back"

Apple seem to announce new products every fortnight, I'd be afraid to by a new iBook since they'll outdate it by December no doubt.

They don't update the laptops that fast...you have a good 6 months, till anything is updated, and usually it's a hard drive and memory. This is the first time in a while that they've updated the computer as a whole. I've had mine almost 2 years and until now the body and everything has is now finally being updated and changed. so no worries.

Boy those new laptops look sweet.. My roommate has been thinking of getting one... so. he may just get a newer one or buy a older model for cheap as fuck

Apple seem to announce new products every fortnight, I'd be afraid to by a new iBook since they'll outdate it by December no doubt.

They have a pretty decent cycle. I'd expect updates within three months but not new laptops in a general way for another two years or so, at least. That's when they last introduced new laptops.

I'm looking to grab a Mac Pro in the near future, so I'm stoked on the updated Display!

If you want to buy an Apple display go for it. However, if you examine the specs for the display you can get the same internals elsewhere for half the price. I know specifically Dell displays seem to have that same internals. Just my two cents.

I'm looking to grab a Mac Pro in the near future, so I'm stoked on the updated Display!

If you want to buy an Apple display go for it. However, if you examine the specs for the display you can get the same internals elsewhere for half the price. I know specifically Dell displays seem to have that same internals. Just my two cents.

I work for Apple so I get a discount on their products, making most price differences negligible.

Dell makes GREAT monitors. Way better than Apples, plus you're not paying for the name, well a little.

Dell makes GREAT monitors. Way better than Apples, plus you're not paying for the name, well a little.

I agree, Dell does make great monitors. I'm using one now but I was under the impression the internals for Dell and Apple were the same.

I agree, Dell does make great monitors. I'm using one now but I was under the impression the internals for Dell and Apple were the same.

I've never heard that, but it could be true.

I have a Samsung at home and it's great, I absolutely love it. It's a 22-inch wide screen and is a beaaaaaaaaut! Looks better than my parent's brand new iMac for sure.

I've never heard that, but it could be true.

I have a Samsung at home and it's great, I absolutely love it. It's a 22-inch wide screen and is a beaaaaaaaaut! Looks better than my parent's brand new iMac for sure.

I can vouch for the Samsung monitors too. I have a pair of 22-inch wide screens at the office and a 19" flat panel at home. All three are fucking awesome.

And my step-dad has a ridiculously large DELL monitor that's bad-ass as well.