Heavens - Patent Pending LP up for pre-order now.

thanks to the people that have been updating this thread. i ordered so long ago and have been expecting it for a while now, glad to know it was a delay.

and in response to some of the posts earlier on, i really like most of this album. the first song is pretty much the only one i do not like at all.

This kind of bothers me, but at least it's some kind of an update.

From a bulletin from Joe / Number Nine Sounds Myspace:

"It made sense when I was going to do the Flowers of Doom vinyl as well but I just don't have the time. I'm knee deep in about six major projects at the moment so I've decided that putting out one record is time consuming enough. You will be able to find out any Heavens info at the MySpace page and anything else at numberninesounds.blogspot.com. The records are still at the pressing plant and I'm hoping for an Oct. 1st ship date. Now is your last chance to ask questions through this page.

Thanks.

-Joe"

sorry, that was harsh.

well not really, this situation hasn't been handled well at all. i had no clue what was going on, i just figured it was taking a while to get here. (for some reason, every couple of months mail takes forever to get to me... right now being one of those moments). but anyway, he should have emailed everyone that sent him money for this and let them know whats going on. should have just bought the cd.

The test press that's up on eBay was the from the first batch of test presses that had an error on it for one of the songs on one side. This error is what initially caused the delay in the pressing of the actual album. So now Josiah is selling that error test press on eBay.

The test press that's up on eBay was the from the first batch of test presses that had an error on it for one of the songs on one side. This error is what initially caused the delay in the pressing of the actual album. So now Josiah is selling that error test press on eBay.

That's still shitty to be dumping a test press of a record your consumers have already paid for and not received yet. If he had an account on this board, I'd -1 him.

the process of getting a record pressed takes time and i'm usually pretty patient to be OK with that. but when the only details i get are:

1) a $$ amount

2)an address to paypal the money to (without a single confirmation that my money was received)

and then 3) hearing from people on this fine message board that it's been pushed back, THEN 4) seeing test presses on ebay!?!?

this has all been reallyyyyyyyy sketch and makes me want to email the guy and ask for my money back. patent pending isn't that great of a record to put people through this. the least he could've done was be a bit more professional about it..

i dont get why everyone on here is freaking out so much about this... hes selling 1 test press on ebay, if ANYTHING this should be prrof to you that YES hes actually getting this done and since he had the one side redone HE WANTS THE RECORD DONE RIGHT! it makes me wonder how long some of the people on here have been collecting records and how many actually order from small diy labels.. not every label can afford to open up a site (so he deleted the myspace he explained why and has the other legit N9 site) and have a shopping cart with nice invoices (i for one did get a reciept for my paypal payment to N9) ESPECIALLY when its the labels first release. AND since it is his first release you should expect a few delays and bumps in the road since he hasnt done this before. give the guy some credit.. im pretty confident that i will get mine and you will get yours because i dont see anything shady about it. and when its AALLLLL said and done if you REALLY dont get your record and he runs off to portugal with all the riches he got from ripping us off well..THEN you can complain about the whole $16 you lost. but only until then. and even then its just $16, if it means that much to you then get a job.

i dont get why everyone on here is freaking out so much about this... hes selling 1 test press on ebay, if ANYTHING this should be prrof to you that YES hes actually getting this done and since he had the one side redone HE WANTS THE RECORD DONE RIGHT! it makes me wonder how long some of the people on here have been collecting records and how many actually order from small diy labels.. not every label can afford to open up a site (so he deleted the myspace he explained why and has the other legit N9 site) and have a shopping cart with nice invoices (i for one did get a reciept for my paypal payment to N9) ESPECIALLY when its the labels first release. AND since it is his first release you should expect a few delays and bumps in the road since he hasnt done this before. give the guy some credit.. im pretty confident that i will get mine and you will get yours because i dont see anything shady about it. and when its AALLLLL said and done if you REALLY dont get your record and he runs off to portugal with all the riches he got from ripping us off well..THEN you can complain about the whole $16 you lost. but only until then. and even then its just $16, if it means that much to you then get a job.

by the way, i dont want it to seem like id be ok with him ripping me or anyone else off, IF he did/does. id be pissed but at the same theres not much you can do except file a paypal claim and try and get your money back.

truth. sure, there was a blog post or myspace bulletin sent out that the page was being deleted, but now this makes it EVEN HARDER to get in touch with the guy. this whole process is really messed up.

Well he did say that you can contact through the Heavens page from now on. I don't know, I mean it's understandable why there is a delay (there was an error, so he wants to fix it, i get it); but the only thing that bugs me is that he doesn't really seem like he's going out of his way to let us all know what's up. I would still be wondering where the hell my record was if it wasn't for the last bulletin he updated. Hopefully, he let's people know if the future.

Guest falloutcollapse

two things:

i've been collecting for a month and a half

and i have to not eat lunch 3 friday's to get 16 dollars

but whatever, youre cool in my book