Fucked Up Reel to Reel of new LP for sale online

Just a little clarification, the term reel to reel refers to the playback device (i.e. the tape player itself). What you guys are calling a "reel to reel" is actually the "tape", which is obviously different from a cassette tape. If you want to be more specific for people who will automatically associate the word tape with cassettes, you can call them open reel tapes or 1/4" tapes.

i understand how they work but why are reel to reel tapes the best format available? i've heard that a few times on this board.

This is some what of an educated guess here but here goes.

If an album is recorded in analog it will likely be recorded on 24 track magnetic tape, then dumped onto a 2 track master for mastering purposes. The two track master would be on 1/4" tape there for there would be no conversion no digital added into the equation all analog.

This makes sense in my head I don't know if it makes sense to anyone else though.

i don't think that works in this case though. they've got way more than 24 tracks laid on most of the songs, based on what i've read in interviews. hell, i think most songs have guitar parts than that alone. if that's the case it most likely would've been dumped off from digital onto a 1/4" master. so that would make it kind of a gimmick, but no more really than pressing it on vinyl.

• 2 weeks later...
Just a little clarification, the term reel to reel refers to the playback device (i.e. the tape player itself). What you guys are calling a "reel to reel" is actually the "tape", which is obviously different from a cassette tape. If you want to be more specific for people who will automatically associate the word tape with cassettes, you can call them open reel tapes or 1/4" tapes.

It's just like when kids call Macaulay Culkin "Home Alone"