is the economic crisis effect to your collecting ?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, the dollar/pound exchange rate has dropped by almost 25% in a few weeks. The dollar was worth like 1.98 to the pound, which made buying from America awesome for me. When I ordered that Circa Survive record today it was at something like 1.54. Also, paid more for shipping ($15.95) that for the record ($15), but that never used to bother me because it still worked out cheaper than buying a record from a store out here.

edit: Sorry, that's more like 12.5%.

edit edit: no, it IS 25%. I'm an idiot.

I'm being more selective on what I get now. A little more careful w/ my money. Especially looking for records on eBay. My watch list has been empty for weeks now.

same with me, this prevents me from losing money, i only buy a record or two a month now, and they are only ones ireally like. dont want to screw myself over at this point in time.

It is certainly affecting labels. The higher cost of vinyl coupled with people not really willing to spend like they used to.

I think we will see a large decrease in the amount of vinyl releases coming out in 09 from most labels.

We have 4 scheduled now for 09, but wer'e also concentrating on a lot of cd releases next year, to try to balance out the mundane efforts of making enough profit on one to help pay for the next pressing etc. And with the sharp increase in vinyl production cost, I think breaking even on any vinyl releases is going to prove quite difficult!

Stimulate the economy by buying our releases!! :)

Serously though, do check out the new The nerve scheme debut E.P and the repress of The new Threat's "Bring outThe Fight. Good shit, just came out on tues.

yeah i have been watching eBay more this past week or so, good deals !

I've noticed the same thing and just realized this economic hoohaw is probably the reason. Now I feel a little guilty capitalizing on others misfortune. Oh well I guess you don't have to sell your records, you could always sell blood or blow jobs or something.

not so much the economy.......its more like getting married and buying a house and getting a dog and fixing the bathroom and on and on and on. getting old sucks.

edit. since some of you said your 401k have been pretty much beat to hell, i decided to check mine out. not good

fuck i have lost 10k since i last checked that bad boy.

not so much the economy.......its more like getting married and buying a house and getting a dog and fixing the bathroom and on and on and on. getting old sucks.

edit. since some of you said your 401k have been pretty much beat to hell, i decided to check mine out. not good

Yeah all financial investments are getting beat to hell, I look at them all day, and listen to people bitch to me about the market, and at some points yelling at me like its my fault the market went down. My advice, just ride it out, while you are young, the market will bounce back, just gotta hold steady.

Yeah all financial investments are getting beat to hell, I look at them all day, and listen to people bitch to me about the market, and at some points yelling at me like its my fault the market went down. My advice, just ride it out, while you are young, the market will bounce back, just gotta hold steady.

yeah i dont plan on dipping into that anytime soon, but it is still pretty damn depressing.

yeah i dont plan on dipping into that anytime soon, but it is still pretty damn depressing.

No joke, at least ur a smarter person than 99% of americans, right now people are pulling their money out, when it is at an all time low, so they are losing everything they invested, stupid people.........