is the economic crisis effect to your collecting ?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it seems to be affecting my selling, which, in turn, affects my buying...

I noticed that big time on some recent eBay auctions I ran. Some items that I had sold a few months back for good amounts, didn't even sell this time around. It got frustrating.

And then selling records via boards like here is also getting a bit frustrating. On some stuff I am willing to sell for what I paid, but everyone is looking to pay a lot less and never good enough. But that's another thread in itself.

The economic crisis isn't really hurting any of my day to day finances, but it is hurting my savings such as my 401k.

I think I have actually been buying more records lately, especially on E-bay. I have been seeing a lot more stuff lately that I have been looking for the last couple of years and it seems like every time I look I find something else that I have been looking for. So maybe more people are just selling off more collections in general?

Not really, no.

I've never been one to buy variants of everything (only a few releases), so that hasn't been an issue.

I've really been trying not to dip out of my checking account, though, and only spending what I can make from selling. Saving for school next year, so that's the goal I set for myself. (So far, it's worked pretty well.)