re-press album that you want ?

I would like see these repress:

Boilermaker - In The Wallaces Shadow (black)

Juno - This Is The Way And It Goes (coloured)

Cap'n Jazz - Burritos, Etc, Etc (black)

Hum - Downward Is Heavenward (blue)

Hum - You'd Prefer An Astronaut (green)

Texas Is The Reason - Do You Know Who You Are? (red)

Sensefield - Building (pink)

Jimmy Eat World - Static Prevails (black)

Jets To Brazil - All the lps (coloured)

Sometimes they are floating around Ebay, but so fucking expensive to my possibilities...

these are definitely the highest on my list. there are tons more that i would pick up a repress of though.

botch - we are the romans

cave in - until your heart stops

mastodon - remission

mastodon - leviathan

refused - shape of punk to come

refused - songs to fan the flames

stretch arm strong - rituals of life

strongarm - advent of a miracle

Jimmy Eat World - Clarity

Company Flow - Funcrusher Plus (Clear)

Pedro the Lion - Control

Hum - You'd Prefer An Astronaut

Coheed & Cambria - Second Stage Turbine Blade

Isis - Panopticon

A New Found Glory - Nothing Gold Can Stay

Brand New - Deja Entendu

Brand New - Your Favorite Weapon

Beastie Boys - Ill Communication (Green)

Botch - We Are the Romans

Mastodon - Remission

Mastodon - Leviathan

Refused - Shape of Punk to Come

I guess I am one of those that thinks represses should be somewhat different than the originals... different artwork or cover or something.

That said, a domestic release of Co&Ca Second Stage Turbine Blade or TV on the Radio Return To Cookie Mountain would make me happy. Also, I really think someone should do a worthwhile release of The Shape Of Punk To Come, really give it the treatment it deserves. It's coming up on it's 10th anniversary.... why not give it a nice double 180 gram gatefold release?

Also, Jimmy Eat World Clarity. One of my all time favorite albums, OOP before I really started collecting vinyl.

im not a huge fan of represses... part of the fun of record collecting is tracking down OOP records

Thats cool for collecting, but some people just want the album to listen to and such. Why should only a couple hundred people get to have a vinyl copy of certain albums? The fact that an album gets repressed so that more people can have it for practical reasons doesn't make your OOP first pressing any less valuable/rare.

i agree with both flood and kyle. represses suck for certain collectors because they just make your collection even more (if it is) incomplete (let alone if it's a limited repress and you miss out on it), but for the casual listener and vinyl enthusiast, represses are good. i don't really wish anything was repressed. i wish some things were pressed to begin with, but, that's not what this thread is about. sometimes, i wish that no idea would stop releasing EVERYTHING on grey--er, i mean, different colored vinyl. the way fat does it is cool, but i think the reason why no idea has such a big vinyl following is because of the all variations and just the great bands on that label.

im not a huge fan of represses... part of the fun of record collecting is tracking down OOP records

Thats cool for collecting, but some people just want the album to listen to and such. Why should only a couple hundred people get to have a vinyl copy of certain albums? The fact that an album gets repressed so that more people can have it for practical reasons doesn't make your OOP first pressing any less valuable/rare.

i do think represses do hurt the value, you raise the supply of the record, and make it so the people who would buy a copy of the OOP record might just settle for the repress.

as far as why should only certain people have a copy? its called the benefit of being there, and into the band at the right time.. or paying for the privledge after the fact. In alot of cases the really rarest stuff comes from the bands early days, so only their earliest supporters have it.. and thats a nice benefit of investing your time and interest into a young band

i do think represses do hurt the value, you raise the supply of the record, and make it so the people who would buy a copy of the OOP record might just settle for the repress.

as far as why should only certain people have a copy? its called the benefit of being there, and into the band at the right time.. or paying for the privledge after the fact. In alot of cases the really rarest stuff comes from the bands early days, so only their earliest supporters have it.. and thats a nice benefit of investing your time and interest into a young band

I was just about to write the same thing. It's a little on the elitist side, but fuck, if you wanted a certain band's record, you should've been there instead of listening to Nickelback and Papa Roach.

Its hard to agree with the statement that represses hurt the value. There are lots of people that would never spend more than $15-20 on an LP, usually even less. However, there will always be the diehard collector/fan/nerds that will seek out that OOP first pressing on swirly p*ssy pink vinyl limited to only 50 copies and pay an arm and a leg for it.

Case in point, I sold a first pressing of Hot Water Music- Forever and Counting on transluscent yellow vinyl about a month ago (maybe a bit longer). It sold for $150, even though No Idea had already released their repress of that record and it could be had for $7. However, that collector wasn't going to be satisfied with a repress.

I know we have two different opinions on this, and I probably won't convince, but I believe there is a collector's market and there is a casual listener's market, and there's room for both.

I was just about to write the same thing. It's a little on the elitist side, but f**k, if you wanted a certain band's record, you should've been there instead of listening to Nickelback and Papa Roach.

Or in my case you couldn't legally get into Lucero shows. The idea that if you weren't there you were listening to bad music is fucking retarded. Lucero shows in my area were always 21+. Why should I never get to hear TMFW on wax just because I was too young? I mean shit if I could afford a 140 for a single record I would, because that's one of my favorites but I freaking cant. Someday I'll have a big paying job, but until then it would be nice for "punks" to stop bitching about the market value of their pieces and be happy that other people are enjoying an amazing record on vinyl. Screw collecting what about loving the music?

Hmm... you're right, I don't see it listed, although I could have sworn it was released... bad example (it is scheduled for release, though). However, I also sold a copy of No Division on white for $100 and the repress was already available for that.

Maybe you're thinking of Finding the Rhythms, that recently came out again.

But in any case, they were supposed to be repressing the LP for Forever and Counting and that info has disappeared.