Burning Fight Book Release Show

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Update from Brian at Burning Fight:

Just a quick note. Jim, the guy who is setting up the show, informed me that as of 11:00 PM CST there are still tix available, but they probably won't be around for too much longer.

If you are serious about going to the show, please try to

order them ASAP.

http://www. indietickets. com/events/burningfight/

I understand some folks had problems earlier, but a large glut of the people who were ordering are now done and it seems to be running a bit smoother. Just keep trying.

Thanks for the support.

Brian

This was posted on the Chamberlain/Split Lip Myspace blog:

BILLBOARD MAGAZINE BURNING FIGHT/SPLIT LIP ARTICLE

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003885695

Hardcore Heroes Reuniting For Book Party

Jonathan Cohen, N.Y.

A host of influential Midwestern hardcore bands will return to the stage next spring in Chicago in celebration of the scene-chronicling book "Burning Fight: The Nineties Hardcore Revolution in Ethics, Politics, Spirit and Sound."

Tickets for the May 2-3 event at the Metro go on sale Nov. 6 via IndieTickets.com. Proceeds will benefit Rock for Reading and PAWS Chicago.

Written by Brian Peterson, "Burning Fight" aims to pick up where Steven Blush's 'American Harcdcore" left off, chronicling the bands that carried the torch from the mid-1980s into the present day. The book will be published by Revelation Records.

The lineup for the show includes Split Lip, Unbroken, Disembodied, Trial, Mouthpiece, 108, Underdog, Guilt, Killingtime, Damnation AD, Ringworm, Threadbare, Reach The Sky, Bane, Betrayed, Blacklisted, Have Heart, Soul Control, the Killer, Convicted, Harms Way and Thought Crusade.

Split Lip, which changed its name to Chamberlain in 1995 and recorded under that name until 2000, will be playing with guitarist Clay Snyder for the first time in 11 years. The other members of the group (vocalist David Moore, guitarist Adam Rubenstein, bassist Curtis Mead and drummer Charlie Walker) reunited for a brief set in March during the Doghouse Records showcase at South by Southwest.

Rubenstein tells Billboard.com he felt Split Lip, which moved toward a more classic rock sound with Chamberlain, went against the grain of the harder-edged bands sharing this bill.

"But I'm flattered we were asked to play," he says. "I think deep down all the guys in the band have always wanted the chance to play a proper show together. We've all secretly been searching for an excuse to do it, and this is as good of an excuse as any." In conjunction, Doghouse will release the Chamberlain version of 1995's "Fate's Got a Driver" on vinyl next spring.

bring bridge to solace with you, god I would love to see them

wow +1 for knowing them, I've seen them a few times, I'm not really into that kind of music, but they are good.

They are actually a band I would fly overseas to check out, so if anything ever happens to the band, I might be coming over for one. Their first album had Greg from TRIAL on it doing some spoken word, which got me into them even more, but yeah. I really loved that first album and the second is pretty damn close. I think i read they're recording a new album or something now, can't wait. I also asked them about a US tour and they said it would be a dream of theirs, but nothing in the near future. Damn!

wow +1 for knowing them, I've seen them a few times, I'm not really into that kind of music, but they are good.

They are actually a band I would fly overseas to check out, so if anything ever happens to the band, I might be coming over for one. Their first album had Greg from TRIAL on it doing some spoken word, which got me into them even more, but yeah. I really loved that first album and the second is pretty damn close. I think i read they're recording a new album or something now, can't wait. I also asked them about a US tour and they said it would be a dream of theirs, but nothing in the near future. Damn!

the new one is coming out in Dec, and to reach the Us from here is pretty hard....

• 3 weeks later...