Can an Ebay seller do this?

So i won a copy of Veils it White on ebay for a great deal less then it usually goes for. i went and paid for the record.

and then tonight i get this from paypal. and a note that he refunded my money.

Subject: Seller stubborness credit

Note:Heh, so I decided to keep the Veils it White. I feel bad that I got your hopes up. Use this credit on my items or whatever. Have a nice day.

Can he do this? i'm pissed off cause i really wanted the record and was happy cause i got it so cheap.

Just out of curiousity where would i have to go on ebay to report him? cause basically my e-mail is going to consist of, bummer you didn't get the 100 this normally goes for. but stop being a fucking shit wizard and give me my goddamned record.

but probally something more kosher.

what a goddamned shit wizard.

Start here. It's been a while since I had to use it, but eBay requires that you try and resolve things with the seller first. There may even be a specified time you need to wait. So look into that, and start trying to reason with the guy. Keep your emails civil and save EVERYTHING he sends you; you'll want it all when it comes time to actually initiate the complaint process. Since he admits right up front that he just decided not to sell it to you, he's broken his seller contract. Most jerks will just say it was lost in the mail or damaged before they could ship it in order to still come out OK, but this guy is clearly not that smart. So long as you keep all of your emails very cool and collected, (probably want to avoid calling him a shit wizard,) you may be able to convince him it's in his best interest to send you the record rather than risk punishment by eBay. That said, eBay is notoriously lax on asshole sellers, so unless things have changed, the best you might get our of this is a chance to warn others via some negative feedback.

thats terrible, but get this. i am in a dispute right now w/ a seller who sold me four pairs of jeans, all of which were listed as size 32x32. each and every size were different, not one was 32x32. The seller is telling me no returns and I have to file a paypal claim...the seller even told me to sell them individually and whatever the difference was that they'd pay me that amount.

so you're not the only one dealing w/ a shit wizard...definitely feel your pain!