Can an Ebay seller do this?

the extent of all you can do is leave a negative.

you can file a claim with ebay, but it wont do anything, unless he starts doing this a lot. no one can force him to ship the item. technically you could take him to a court of law and claim he entered into a binding contract and didnt hold up his end, but then you just spent a bunch of money in court costs for a single measly record.

my advice. leave a negative that tells what he did, get over it and bid on the next copy that goes up.

you will never get his account shut down, nor will you be able to do anything to him that will make you feel better about this, so no point in getting yourself worked up about it. chalk it up to just another peril of using ebay. its not like you are out anything

the completion of the auction puts him in a binding contract with you to sell it to you. he has no choice but to mail it. file reports do what you gotta do to get that record.

are you serious? who is gonna make him sell it huh? how can you say he has no choice but to sell it. tons of people make the choice not to send the record. at least this dude didnt take the money first.

ITT: people dont realize how little ebay cares, and how little recourse buyers have unless they are willing to lawyer up and go to court.

Don't waste your time. He was an asshole, but that obviously isn't going to change it. Either you can get yourself all worked up about it and put a lot of effort into scaring him into sending it, which won't work, or you can accept that you got screwed over and try again next time.

You got a refund, so at least you didn't lose anything.

Yeah that's a shady move but they can do it cause he just did.

If anything he just wasted money and you did win so you could easily file a non-receipt of goods.

Just let I don't understand why people don't bid what they will pay, I do not understand people who do this bull and don't just list the record at what they want to sell it for. F reserves, just list at the selling price.